View Full Version : WIS Bar and SmallMenu 3.6.9

hkpocketpc
03-20-2003, 05:34 PM
Dear All,

I have just installed SmallMenu 3.6.9. It seems to me that WIS Bar is covering the "Start" button. I have to close WIS Bar to access SmallMenu through the Start button.

Is there any ways to use SmallMenu without closing WIS Bar since I really love WIS Bar?

Mark

Kati Compton
03-20-2003, 05:42 PM
Is that a cascading menu program?

If you can't find any other solution, you may want to try vBar (or ICBar?), which only covers the right section of the start menu bar.

Longer-term - cascading menus are on the list of "To-Do"s for Pelmar's WISbar.

torgamm
03-20-2003, 06:17 PM
I don't know which version of WIS Bar you are talking about.
I only have Icbar installed at the moment on my Pocket PC.
But, with Icbar, you can affect any program to any button, so you may launch Small menu with the right shortcut applied to Start logo.

robclif4d
03-20-2003, 07:59 PM
On Tillanosoft's website, they announced today that they are aware of the problem and expect to have a fix within a week of today.

http://tillanosoft.com/ce/index.html

Dated today:

"Coexistence problem with SmallMenuPlus/ProgramMenuPlus and WIS Bar 3/20
other I have received a report stating SmallMenuPlus 3.6 could not raise its menu when it was executed and its start button was pushed while WIS Bar was running. I reproduced the problem. The similar problem may exist with ProgramMenuPlus 3.6. I will release a fix within a week. "

robert_uk
03-20-2003, 08:01 PM
that'll explain why i got fed up with both of them, uninstalled them both, and am now running battery pack 2003 instead, which incidentally i also prefer.

Qman
03-20-2003, 08:05 PM
Dear All,

I have just installed SmallMenu 3.6.9. It seems to me that WIS Bar is covering the "Start" button. I have to close WIS Bar to access SmallMenu through the Start button.

Is there any ways to use SmallMenu without closing WIS Bar since I really love WIS Bar?

Mark

Yes check your SmallMenu options there is one that will let you replace the Start button.

PPCRules
03-20-2003, 08:25 PM
other I have received a report stating SmallMenuPlus 3.6 could not raise its menu when it was executed and its start button was pushed while WIS Bar was running. I reproduced the problem. The similar problem may exist with ProgramMenuPlus 3.6. I will release a fix within a week. "I have v. 3.5.7, with Wisbar 1.2b4, and that still worked. It does kinda mess up Wisbar's Icons, but it is otherwise functional.

hkpocketpc
03-21-2003, 12:02 PM
other I have received a report stating SmallMenuPlus 3.6 could not raise its menu when it was executed and its start button was pushed while WIS Bar was running. I reproduced the problem. The similar problem may exist with ProgramMenuPlus 3.6. I will release a fix within a week. "I have v. 3.5.7, with Wisbar 1.2b4, and that still worked. It does kinda mess up Wisbar's Icons, but it is otherwise functional.

The problem seems to conflicit with SmallMenu 3.6 or above, since you use v.3.5.7, you will not come across that problems. I have uninstall version 3.6 and reinstall v3.5.7, everything go back to normal again. This is what I did to my Loox before searching in this forum.

I have try the icBar method describe in this subject, now It work with the SmallMenu.

Thanks for yours help.

"The world is so big that if you can't find a solution in your city, go to the web you will find the answer." :D