View Full Version : Get A Free Viewsonic V37 Pocket PC With VS .NET 2003

Janak Parekh
03-20-2003, 05:28 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='https://vstudio.joleschgroup.com/' target='_blank'>https://vstudio.joleschgroup.com/</a><br /><br /></div>"Register your eligible Microsoft® Visual Studio® .NET 2003 or MSDN Subscription through this site to receive a FREE ViewSonic V37 Pocket PC. This offer will start on April 24, 2003 with the launch of Visual Studio .NET 2003, and will continue until June 30, 2003, or while supplies last. We will refresh this site content by April 24, 2003, with more information on how to take advantage of this offer. Please check back for more details at that time."<br /><br />Now we know why the V37 was <a href="http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=94159">just announced</a>. :lol: Oh, and now you know when VS .NET 2003 is coming out...

pocketpcdude1024
03-20-2003, 05:33 PM
Source: 34.7 people

34.7? Not that I've tried, but it seems to me that it's a little hard to get 7/10 of a person! :wink:

Janak Parekh
03-20-2003, 05:40 PM
34.7? Not that I've tried, but it seems to me that it's a little hard to get 7/10 of a person! :wink:
It was an "approximate" figure. :lol:

--janak

danmanmayer
03-20-2003, 05:52 PM
I am kinda short can i be the .3 person to take the total up to 35? Also can you explain where to go and what all you exactly have to do to get one of these? Does this mean i have to buy the software or something? Or so long as i am a developer and sign up for all the stuff and download the new studio for free i can get a viewsonic? I mean free pocket pcs are worth their weight in gold... or at least in pocket pcs.

johncj
03-20-2003, 05:55 PM
Wow. Includes eligible version upgrades. The upgrade price for VS .NET 2002 owners is $29.

Rob Borek
03-20-2003, 06:03 PM
Provided that this offer extends to Canada, it looks like I'll be getting another Pocket PC :lol:

aroma
03-20-2003, 06:12 PM
I'm curious to see the details of this offer... seems a little too good to be true to me. :jawdrop:

Janak Parekh
03-20-2003, 06:16 PM
Provided that this offer extends to Canada, it looks like I'll be getting another Pocket PC :lol:
Geez... what's the count at now? :lol:

--janak

Paragon
03-20-2003, 06:25 PM

This offer will be open to customers who acquire English editions of the following products in the United States and Canada , either as a full package product (full price as well as eligible version upgrades) or under Open or Select Licensing Agreement:

See you Wednesday. :)

Rob Borek
03-20-2003, 06:27 PM

This offer will be open to customers who acquire English editions of the following products in the United States and Canada , either as a full package product (full price as well as eligible version upgrades) or under Open or Select Licensing Agreement:

See you Wednesday. :)

Damn... missed that... :lol:

snowlion
03-20-2003, 06:41 PM
Wow. Includes eligible version upgrades. The upgrade price for VS .NET 2002 owners is $29.

I've got VS.NET 2002 professional...how/where can i upgrade to 2003.

thanks.

PPCWanderer
03-20-2003, 09:10 PM
I wasn't aware that Microsoft outsourced to other websites to host pages.

Janak Parekh
03-20-2003, 10:23 PM
I wasn't aware that Microsoft outsourced to other websites to host pages.
I suspect they've outsourced the whole freebie operation to a specialized distributor. There is a microsoft.com link, but if you type it in it immediately redirects to this URL.

--janak

FredMurphy
03-20-2003, 10:36 PM
The upgrade price for VS .NET 2002 owners is $29.
I can't find this - can you point me to a link?

As usual, the V37 offer doesn't apply to the UK. :roll:

questionlp
03-20-2003, 11:39 PM
I wonder if it applies to Select customers on Software Assurance or Upgrade Advantage... probably not. Even if it does, it's probably one per media pack rather than per user license. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
03-21-2003, 12:04 AM
I need a good, hard, reality smack.
How much do you think the Visual Studio .NET 2003 Professional will cost? $9999? =>_&lt;=

Oh great... $1000+ =p_p=

pocketpcdude1024
03-21-2003, 12:07 AM
I need a good, hard, reality smack.
:twak:

dochall
03-21-2003, 12:34 AM
Well I have let my MSDN subscription slide and was suddenly thinking that I should really renew it BUT ONLY COVERS NORTH AMERICA. :roll: :roll:

dbk99
03-21-2003, 05:06 AM
http://www.telecomweb.com/pressreleases/03-19-2003/0001911212.htm

:robot:

Snippet below:

Microsoft to Boost Industry, Providing Developers With Everything They
Need
Microsoft believes developers are vital to driving success for the mobile
industry. In addition to providing a comprehensive platform and tools,
Microsoft plans to boost mobile development with a promotion to provide 25,000
developers with ViewSonic V37 Pocket PC devices. The V37 features a 3.5-inch
transflective screen, Intel 400MHz XScale processor, 64 MB of SDRAM (36.45
user accessible) and 64 MB of ROM, and will include the .NET Compact Framework
in ROM. Details about this program are available at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/getpocketpc/ .

Philip Colmer
03-21-2003, 11:24 AM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I know that setting promotions up takes time and money and that Microsoft can't address *every* single market with *every* single promotion, but it is so d**n frustrating to keep on seeing the US customers get sweet deals like this and other territories being left out. :evil:

I'm off to find a nice dark corner to hide in until I've calmed down :-)

--Philip

Scott R
03-21-2003, 03:32 PM
Can someone "in the know" verify with absolute certainty that if I purchase the current version of VS.NET today and then purchase the VS.NET 2003 upgrade (which is supposed to cost &lt; $50), that I will still be eligible for this. The blurb on their site is a bit too vague for my liking. Thanks in advance,

Scott

Ed Hansberry
03-21-2003, 05:08 PM
Can someone "in the know" verify with absolute certainty that if I purchase the current version of VS.NET today and then purchase the VS.NET 2003 upgrade (which is supposed to cost &lt; $50), that I will still be eligible for this. The blurb on their site is a bit too vague for my liking. Thanks in advance,

Scott
I would certainly think that is the case Scott but I would verify by contacting mailto:[email protected] before plunking down the money. I will try to find out more on my end as well.

Scott R
03-21-2003, 06:01 PM
I would certainly think that is the case Scott but I would verify by contacting mailto:[email protected] before plunking down the money. I will try to find out more on my end as well.
I did that yesterday, but haven't heard back from them (at least not yet).

Scott

Ed Hansberry
03-21-2003, 06:04 PM
I did that yesterday, but haven't heard back from them (at least not yet).
Cool. Post back as soon as you get an answer and I'll do the same.

johncj
03-24-2003, 05:14 AM

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2002/nov02/11-18visualstudiosbetapr.asp

Towards the bottom of the press release:

Pricing and Availability

For a limited time, registered users of Visual Studio .NET 2002 who do not already have rights to the next version under annuity licenses or MSDN® subscriptions will be able to acquire Visual Studio .NET 2003 for $29, which includes the cost of materials, shipping and handling.

FredMurphy
03-24-2003, 01:20 PM

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2002/nov02/11-18visualstudiosbetapr.asp

Towards the bottom of the press release:

Pricing and Availability

For a limited time, registered users of Visual Studio .NET 2002 who do not already have rights to the next version under annuity licenses or MSDN® subscriptions will be able to acquire Visual Studio .NET 2003 for $29, which includes the cost of materials, shipping and handling.
Thanks - lets hope this isn't US only too!

Scott R
03-24-2003, 04:45 PM
Have you heard anything on your end yet? I've yet to receive a response to my email to [email protected]

I'll probably chance it and just go ahead and order the current version of VS.NET. The page they set up certainly implies that the upgrade should be eligible for this offer, so I'll just save a copy of that web page just in case.

Scott

Ed Hansberry
03-24-2003, 05:10 PM
Have you heard anything on your end yet? I've yet to receive a response to my email to [email protected]
No, but I did ask Friday afternoon and doubt many, if any, have even seen the email.

stevehiner
03-26-2003, 08:23 AM

Now this concerns me just a tad. I'm a current VS.NET Pro user so I'm planning to get the $29 upgrade. This quote makes it sound like I have to order it from MS. That means I probably won't get it for several weeks which means I might miss out on the V37 offer. I don't know how long 25,000 V37s will last but I'm sure any .NET developer that hears about the deal will take advantage of it.

johncj
05-05-2003, 09:43 PM
Bad news. The offer has recently been updated to say:

Please note, the following products are not eligible for this offer:

SNIPPED....

Visual Studio .NET 2003 product purchased as a competitive upgrade
Visual Studio .NET 2003 acquired as a $29 Direct Upgrade for full packaged product customers or a free license grant for eligible volume customers of Visual Studio .NET 2002

stevehiner
05-08-2003, 02:26 AM
Note: Written while annoyed. Read at your own risk. :)

That's the way to drum up support for PocketPC development - leave out all the most experienced developers. I've been coding in .NET for over a year (more like a year and a half to 2 years if you count the beta) and because we gave them our money over a year ago we can't get the PPC.

I understand why they'd do that from a fiscal standpoint but if they want good PPC apps out there they shouldn't depend on first time purchasers. I'd rather not run a bunch of .NET apps by people that are just now learning how to develop in it.
&lt;/gripe>

NRLphabrik
07-03-2003, 04:09 PM

And the wonders of information abound. have you seen this fine link? I hope it helps...

http://www.microsoft.com/uk/visualstudio/getpocketpc/

It is good until July 7th.