View Full Version : .NET pocketPC shown at Cebit

KuroNeko
03-19-2003, 05:53 PM
Olivetti has shown a new PcoketPC using .Net OS (WinCE4.1). More info here (in German, use Babelfish if needed, but the tech details should be readable enough) http://www.heise.de/newsticker/data/dal-19.03.03-000/

Oddly enough, still using StrongArm...

Neko

Jason Dunn
03-19-2003, 06:06 PM
It's important to understand that this is NOT a Pocket PC. It's a PDA running Windows CE .Net, but if you look at the photo you'll see the interface is standard Windows CE .Net. A Pocket PC is more than just the size - it's the GUI customization that the Pocket PC team does.

This is a very common mistake, but the important thing to remember is that just because something is PDA-sized and running Windows CE, it's not necessarily a Pocket PC. :way to go:

KuroNeko
03-19-2003, 09:22 PM
My mistake. The article is in it's working misleading in this matter, but doesn't in fact state this is PPC2003.

Mind, I would like a PPC with that layout of buttons and d-pad... great gaming machine...

neko

felixdd
03-20-2003, 02:36 AM
Wow...it's a DaVinci...I used to have one of those. It was my first ever touch screen PDA.

The funny thing is that they also make a WinCE 2.0 or 2.11 PsPC. They make "budget-price" PDA's...but here they are with CE .NET....

then again it runs on an ARM.

phanprod
03-20-2003, 08:17 PM
More info on this device... follow this and check out the link:

http://www.olivettilexikon.com/

Once there, check out products>pda>DaVinci DV @ Color

mscdex
03-20-2003, 11:21 PM
Here's the specs for it, direct from the Olivetti site:

Technical characteristics
Memory
-From 32 MB
Operating system
-Microsoft Windows CE .NET 4.1 1
Processor
-Intel StrongArm 206 Mhz
Display
-Backlit liquid crystal 65,000 colour TFT; 240 x 320 dpi resolution
Standard applications
-Pocket Internet Explorer, Inbox, Microsoft Pocket Word, Phone book, Planner, To do, Calculator
Input
-Handwriting recognition, virtual onscreen keyboard, PC keyboard
Languages
-One of the following: English, Italian, German, French, Spanish
Interfaces
-Infrared (IrDA), stereo headphones, USB on PC connection cable
Expansion slots
-Compact Flash Card Slot, Multi Media Card Slot (only memory card)

Dimensions (HxBxD)
-10.5 x 7.6 x 1.9 cm
Weight
-170 g
Power supply
-Rechargeable Li-ion battery
Vinci DV@Colour package contents
-Connection cable, ActiveSync CD-ROM, 1 stylus, quick guide, external power supply, protective case