View Full Version : Spare battery for h1910

karinatwork
03-18-2003, 09:56 PM
I was reading about accessories on the HP website. I found this description about the spare battery

HP h1910 iPAQ Slim Removable Battery
Keep your batteries charged and ready. Have an extra battery on hand for whatever the day throws at you. This battery fits directly into your iPAQ h1910 and is perfect for those long meetings or flights.

made from quality 900 mAh lithium-ion
internal memory backup battery
works with your iPAQ h1910
recharges on unit or in cradle
works with iPAQ h1910 Cradle/Battery Charger (311317-B21)
snaps directly onto your iPAQ Pocket PC to double your battery life

How is that supposed to work? SNAP ON? Where? How? 8O

Any ideas...?

Karin

delfuhd
03-18-2003, 11:53 PM
This isn't an additional "add-on" battery, this is just an extra internal battery, so if you're on a long fight, or on the train and your battery's low, you can just take the other one out, and put this on in it's place. So essentially it's only the battery that comes with the h1910. Sorry to burst your bubble, but there aren't any external batteries for the h19xx series. There's no support for it. Although, You can look for external chargers, you can find a bunch here:
http://www.data-nation.com/main.htm

karinatwork
03-19-2003, 12:07 AM
No bubbles bursted... :) Thanks for your reply!

Just didn't understand how that was supposed to work. It would have been nice, but looking at the device there was no way I could imagine how it would fit.

Anyway... the extra battery... is it worth buying one even when you don't own a cradle?

Karin

delfuhd
03-19-2003, 11:32 AM
It's worth it if you need it, I guess. It's hard to tell; if you're constantly worrying about depleting your battery, or if you use it all day in conferences/meetings, or on flights, etc... or if it doesn't make it to a charger every night, it would be a good idea to invest in an extra battery.

It all depends on the usage. So good luck!

Janak Parekh
03-19-2003, 05:07 PM
Just didn't understand how that was supposed to work. It would have been nice, but looking at the device there was no way I could imagine how it would fit.
Actually, I believe a manufacturer could make one - just replace the battery door while you're at it. No one's done so, yet.

--janak

i_spock
03-21-2003, 06:51 AM
I bought an extra battery and love having it. Someone had given me a $25 BB gift card, so the battery only "cost" me $25. For that much I thought what the heck, not really thinking that it would be all that cool to have. Now, though, I find that I use it all the time. It allows me to not have to take my power supply to work or worry about getting a sync/charge cable.

I find that when Mazingo messes up for me (which happens very often) I have to delete all channel files. This takes a long time, and being that I keep my files on an an SD card (SanDisk, unfortunately) the heavy I/O drains the battery fast. No worries though, I just pop in my trusty spare battery when needed and I can use my PDA all through my lunch hour without having to worry about running out of charge.

I think it's worth the extra peace of mind. I do have a cradle at home also and although it's also quite nice to have, I'd get the battery even if I didn't have one.