View Full Version : what about a poll for opera (the browser)???

justBe
03-17-2003, 05:58 PM
i like the opera guys... they make excelent software.. i really like why they done with html for small devices... they just reformat it.... you dont need to use gateways.... or a special url to browse sites on youre pda/phone/etc.....

but they said the other day due to recent problems with microsoft portals displaying ugly on opera... they wont release an opera version for pocketpc... wich is really sad... :(

jason... i think it will be interesting to make a poll about pocketpc browsers.... and about whos interesting in the advanced capabilities of opera in theyre pdas... :)

also interesting how many people want opera and if they will buy it or not... :)

ill buy it!!!!

lets make some noise see if we can change opera´s mind!!!! :) and bring a very cool and powerfull browser for our beloved platform! 8)

Janak Parekh
03-17-2003, 06:31 PM
i like the opera guys... they make excelent software.. i really like why they done with html for small devices... they just reformat it.... you dont need to use gateways.... or a special url to browse sites on youre pda/phone/etc.....
Have you tried NetFront?

On Opera: I don't think they will be releasing Pocket PC-enabled browsers anytime soon. There's a lot of bad blood between the two companies right now. You might want to ask these questions in 6 months to a year, especially if Pocket PC popularity keeps on increasing - it might then be a market they can't ignore.

--janak

justBe
03-17-2003, 06:40 PM
well.... i can understand that... :( and is sad... but what can we do right??? anyway janak... apart from pocket ie what you use? which is a very good browser (not gateway based) a more powerfull one than ie??? alla opera???

thanks!

Janak Parekh
03-17-2003, 06:44 PM
well.... i can understand that... :( and is sad... but what can we do right??? anyway janak... apart from pocket ie what you use? which is a very good browser (not gateway based) a more powerfull one than ie??? alla opera???
Like I've said, NetFront (http://www.access.co.jp/english/ppc/) is supposed to be a very good non-proxy browser. I, however, use Thunderhawk - while it's not cheap, has slow scrolling and is proxied, it's very fast and beats the pants off of IE, NetFront, Opera, etc., IMHO, in terms of desktop viewability--I can read the desktop version of PPCT without horizontal scrollbars. :)

--janak