View Full Version : Asus Smartphone?

David McNamee
03-16-2003, 11:26 PM
http://microsoftmobiles.com/news.php/448.html

Just saw this. Two things jumped out at me in the specs. First, it's based off the next version of Smartphone OS (CE 4.1). Secondly, it includes a certain personal area network technology that people keep whining isn't in Smartphones.

It also includes Java. IIRC, the .NET Compact Framework is included in CE 4.1. I see a market for third-party apps to rip Java out of the ROM :D

Janak Parekh
03-16-2003, 11:34 PM
8O What a trippy exterior...

Dude, you have to submit stuff like this as news. ;) I'll see if I can queue up a post for this tomorrow.

--janak

ricksfiona
03-16-2003, 11:52 PM
Ooh, I think we FINALLY have a winner here!!! Bluetooth, GSM, cool look. I wonder how many voicedials you can do?

Oops, I spoke too soon. No SD slot.

Pat Logsdon
03-17-2003, 12:12 AM
http://microsoftmobiles.com/news.php/448.html

Just saw this. Two things jumped out at me in the specs. First, it's based off the next version of Smartphone OS (CE 4.1). Secondly, it includes a certain personal area network technology that people keep whining isn't in Smartphones.

It also includes Java. IIRC, the .NET Compact Framework is included in CE 4.1. I see a market for third-party apps to rip Java out of the ROM :D

Ok, THAT is a cool lookin' phone. Looks like a clamshell though - what's it look like inside?? 8O

David McNamee
03-17-2003, 01:38 AM
Ok, THAT is a cool lookin' phone. Looks like a clamshell though - what's it look like inside?? 8O

Don't know. I found two other websites - one French, one Russian - that had info, but no more detail than the site linked in the original post.

I'm seriously hoping that there will be more on this phone coming out of the MDC this week.

penpen
03-21-2003, 05:14 PM
ok, the site says nothing about a sd-slot, but EVERY smartphone 2k2 has a sd-slot (i think it is one of MS' rules), and there is no pic of the right sight...
pray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!