View Full Version : Multiple Icon Loss

WindWalker
03-14-2003, 03:18 PM
Just putting this out to see if anyone else has seen this happen...

I was working with my Axim yesterday when I had occassion to do a soft reset.The reset went through, and the Ax came back up, BUT...

.....when I looked for the icons for Internet Explorer, ActiveSync, and the Notes application, they were gone..

Slowly but surely, I am looking into a hard reset. But I was curious if anyone had seen such a thing.

Jason Dunn
03-14-2003, 07:18 PM
Very odd - never heard of that happening before. Might be a third party software problem? Sometimes the icons on storage cards will go missing, but those apps are in ROM, so...?

PPCRules
03-14-2003, 07:33 PM
As a matter of fact, I had the very same thing happen a couple days ago. I don't recall exactly which icons were missing, but a bunch of them. Having just done the soft reset, I was resigned to the need for a hard reset. Then the next day, as I was showing another guy, I thought to try another soft reset, and they all came back.

I hope your outcome is as good. It makes me a little leary of the device, though.

WindWalker
03-14-2003, 09:06 PM
Jason, I am juist as confused. The IE executable is still there, so I eventually was able to put a shortcut back in place, but it's still quite unnerving.

PPC, I unfortunately have done a couple of soft resets since the event, and they haven't come back. That they disappeared from the Program Bar that comes with Battery Pack was not too troubling, but the fact that the icons disappeared from the Program page, and are no longer selectable as programs to add to Program Bar is....well, odd.

I haven't done the hard reset your, but I am becoming resigned to it.

PPCRules
03-15-2003, 12:00 AM
The only icons I noticed missing were on the Programs page.

You might want to also check, or post on, the Dell Corp. forums.