View Full Version : a moot point

Sheynk
03-14-2003, 04:11 AM
I know this has been repeated maybe 500 times.....but: when the next version of the PPC OS comes out..... will it have the current top of the life configs (AKA 400 Xscale w/200 bus) and thus devices like the Tosh E750 will be upgradable, or will there be a jump in technology leaving people who bought their devices prior to the release in either speed or upradability issues. I guess the question is: Will we see a new era of hardware or will the new xscale be the workhorse for a couple of years? (so yes.... its an upgrade question)

Does anyone know when will the devices with the new platform come out? my Circuit City warranty runs out in January and I'd like to take advantage of no questions asked returns if you know what i mean. :wink:

felixdd
03-14-2003, 04:39 AM
Warranty's running out? Hmm...beware of power surges...it's a law of nature that the battery of a PDA is much more susceptible to power surges when it nears the end of it's warranty life.
;)

seanturner
03-14-2003, 04:59 AM
Don't cheat those CircutCity. It's wrong and immoral, and you're only serving to raise the cost of merchandise and those replacement plans...

Janak Parekh
03-14-2003, 05:26 AM
Don't cheat those CircutCity. It's wrong and immoral, and you're only serving to raise the cost of merchandise and those replacement plans...
I agree that I wouldn't notice that the device "suddenly" broke, but doesn't the Circuit City warranty cover upgrades?

--janak