View Full Version : Bluetooth Compact Flash Real Cheap... Good Deal?

Vincent M Ferrari
03-13-2003, 08:39 PM
These (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3406077366&category=20321) are all over ebay. Are they any good?

dcharles18
03-13-2003, 09:02 PM
I'm curious about this as well.

Ufdah
03-14-2003, 09:49 AM
I've got one that I'll sell to anyone in the U.S. for $50 shipped. I got it off eBay three weeks ago and tested it out for a day. It works fine, but I think I'm going to spring for a socket card that has the internal antenna. The PC software that comes with it is great and is compatible with most all BT USB dongles. After realizing that I didn't want to leave the card in my Axim in my pocket, due to the external antenna I repackaged the card and it looks brand new, I just haven't got around to reselling it yet.

I don't know anything about power consumption since I only used it one day, but I can guarantee that it functions properly.

david_brandt
03-14-2003, 04:08 PM
I just got a 42$ Billionton CF card off of eBay..

So far I have no complaints using it on my Maestro. It sticks out slightly (but less than i expected.)

I use it with Ericsson T39 and T68i cell phones (for Dial-up networking) and i use it with a MSI USB adaptor to activesync and have network access to my desktop. It works like a charm.

I don't really have enough usage data (i received it tuesday) to comment on power consumption, though.

gdaswani
04-10-2003, 09:06 AM
I've got one that I'll sell to anyone in the U.S. for $50 shipped. I got it off eBay three weeks ago and tested it out for a day. It works fine, but I think I'm going to spring for a socket card that has the internal antenna. The PC software that comes with it is great and is compatible with most all BT USB dongles. After realizing that I didn't want to leave the card in my Axim in my pocket, due to the external antenna I repackaged the card and it looks brand new, I just haven't got around to reselling it yet.

I don't know anything about power consumption since I only used it one day, but I can guarantee that it functions properly.

How were you able to get your Billionton card to work with the AXIM? did you use the new drivers or the one that came on the CD? My AXIM can't detect the card (although other PDA's can including my laptop).

mc
04-14-2003, 05:39 AM
Install the software twice..

As in, install it once, and then again over the top. The friendly folk at Widcomm held that secret.

gdaswani
04-14-2003, 07:48 PM
Here's a FIX for those Bluetooth users using the WIDCOMM Stack (works on the Billionton also).

Download

the driver. (http://www.billionton.com/extra/CFBTCE-B.zip)

Steps in installation..

1) Plug in Bluetooth Card

2) Install the Driver (run setup.exe) - make sure it's installed on RAM.

3) Download a REGISTRY EDITOR for PPC

4) Set

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Widcomm\BtConfig\SerialTransport\Port

make sure it's "7"

5) Soft Reset your PPC and enjoy :)

Also works on the A02 DELL's.

gdaswani
04-14-2003, 08:22 PM
I just got a 42$ Billionton CF card off of eBay..

So far I have no complaints using it on my Maestro. It sticks out slightly (but less than i expected.)

Actually, it seems to work best on the AXIM in terms of looks as the AXIM has a slightly deeper CF slot (so the only thing sticking out is the .25" antenna, no metal part showing)..

Couple it with the PIEL FRAMA case which has a CF Slot cut out - perfect combo..