View Full Version : Beginner question

htmiser
03-13-2003, 04:40 AM
I am new to the entire PocketPC world but would love to learn the programming language. Where should I start? Books? Sites? etc? I have no particular final goal in mind, but as with web design, I started with the basics (html) and progressed having fun all the way! Thank you for all your help!

Pony99CA
03-13-2003, 10:00 AM
I am new to the entire PocketPC world but would love to learn the programming language. Where should I start? Books? Sites? etc? I have no particular final goal in mind, but as with web design, I started with the basics (html) and progressed having fun all the way! Thank you for all your help!
First, there isn't "the" programming language. Most people probably use either eMbedded Visual Basic or eMbedded Visual C++. Visual Basic will probably be quicker to learn, but Visual C++ will give you faster programs.

Second, I'd recommend not learning to program for the Pocket PC first. Learn either of those languages on the PC first. That will save you from having to download your application to your Pocket PC and have it fail there. (Although, I believe if you have Windows 2000 or XP, there is a Pocket PC emulator; I only have Windows 98 SE.)

Finally, for developer resources, check out the developer section of my Web page (http://www.svpocketpc.com#DEVELOPMENT) for a few Windows CE/Pocket PC development links.

Steve

htmiser
03-15-2003, 04:40 AM
Thank you!