View Full Version : Guide to Internet Sharing Via Bluetooth

Brad Adrian
03-13-2003, 12:00 PM
<a href="http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?ContentId=445">http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?ContentId=445</a><br /><br />There is a great tutorial on the Geekzone Web site written by M. Freitas that explains -- in detail -- how to do some cool stuff with Bluetooth.<br /><br />"I've noticed that a lot of the posts asking for help on Bluetooth are questions like "How do I connect my Pocket PC to my desktop...". And the majority of these questions are related to how to configure the whole thing to allow internet sharing access via Bluetooth...The objective of this quick refererence guide is to show how to configure your desktop to accept incoming LAN Access over Bluetooth, and how to connect to it from your Pocket PC."<br /><br />This article is replete with screen shots that show exactly how to accomplish this task. Everybody with a Bluetooth-enabled device should give it a read.

JvanEkris
03-13-2003, 12:07 PM
I'll spread the word as well.

Jaap van Ekris
Moderator Dutch Pocket PC Club
www.pocketpc-club.nl

benj_nin
03-13-2003, 12:45 PM
Nice, but does anyone have a clue if it's possible to connect to the LAN via BT?
(As in - Browse network shares)

BeNJ

freitasm
03-13-2003, 08:16 PM
Nice, but does anyone have a clue if it's possible to connect to the LAN via BT?
(As in - Browse network shares)

BeNJ

Thanks for the post with the link, PPCT!

I think the newer version of the Bluetooth stack (the ones on H5450) does it. There's a guide for H5450 there too, pictures supplied by David Hettel.

I know of a way to update the stack on H3970 to the same version of H5450, but why HP doesn't release it to customers is unknown. Licence fees, perhaps?

JvanEkris
03-13-2003, 08:43 PM
Could be different BT-hardware ??

Jaap

freitasm
03-13-2003, 10:01 PM
Could be different BT-hardware ??

Jaap

Nope, the software to update does exist, I've downloaded it other day, and some other people are using it...

benj_nin
03-13-2003, 10:22 PM
Nope, the software to update does exist, I've downloaded it other day, and other people is using

Ahem... Can we have a link to the download? :wink:
(Does it support my 3870?!)

Macguy59
03-14-2003, 12:05 AM
Great info. I have been doing this with my Tungsten for the last couple of weeks. Just wish my 1910 had BT :cry: Just remember that unless you have a broadband connection, it's not really worth the effort. Unless Y?BIC prevails :P