View Full Version : ActiveSync question

ch_thom
03-12-2003, 01:32 PM
I have a couple of questions about using Pocket Inbox and syncing emails - hope you guys can help.

I run all my emails through Outlook (Office XP edition) and sync the folders with my Ipaq via ActiveSync. I also have another 2 email services defined on my Ipaq - one is the same service that I use on my desktop via Outlook.

My first question is - can I sync the received and sent folders of the extra services I've defined on the Ipaq with Outlook? If I logon to my main email server via my Ipaq then I can download all my emails from the server. However this means that when I next start Outlook on my desktop PC the emails do not appear as they've been deleted from the server. That's fair enough, but I want the emails to be copied from my Ipaq service to the Outlook Inbox next time I sync. I also want any emails I send from the non ActiveSync services on my Ipaq to be synced into the sent folder of Outlook.

Secondly - is it possible to move emails between services in Pocket Inbox? I want to be able to move an email from the ActiveSync folder on the Ipaq into one of the other service folders so that I can send a reply. At present if I reply to a synced email the reply is not sent until I sync again with my desktop. To get around this I have to manually copy the content from the ActiveSync email into a new message in one of the other services. I want to be able to just select the email in the ActiveSync folder then move it to one of the other services in order to send an immediate reply.

If it's not possible to do any of the above I can live with that - but it's driving me mad not knowing if there is a solution that I haven't figured out.

Thanks in advance for any help.

ch_thom