View Full Version : Anyone use PocketSolutions Stuff?

ojlittle
03-11-2003, 10:27 PM
I found this site somewhre on PPC Thoughts & their Dell bundle looks like it's a good deal. Has anyone purchased any Dell Axim stuff from this company? If so how does it fare? The bundle comes with the following:

NuShield Screen Protectors - Which I wouldn't use - I'm using WriteShields
Dell Auto Mount
Emergency Charger
Sync & Charge Cable
The Cover-Up

Here's the link:
http://www.thepocketsolution.com/merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PSPD04&Category_Code=DA&Product_Count=12

WindWalker
03-12-2003, 12:01 AM
NuShield Screen Protectors - Which I wouldn't use - I'm using WriteShields
Dell Auto Mount
Emergency Charger
Sync & Charge Cable
The Cover-Up

I bought the package, and I'll go through the parts of it.

NuShield Screen Protectors - I was very frustrated with getting these screen protectors on the Axim, but once I got the hang of it, they perform very well, and since they are non-adhesive, they are not a problem to take off.

Dell Auto Mount - The adhesive on the auto mount would not not adhere to my dash, so I was out of luck there, but I was able to bend the pad so it would go right into one of my vents with little problem. Once that was done. the mount functions as advertised. With a car kit-type cassette adapter, I play MP3s through my car stereo off the Axim. It also charges the device, and tilts and swivels well enough for my needs. Now all I need is a good GPS....hmmm

Emergency Charger - a little 9 volt battery jolt. Works as advertised

Sync & Charge Cable - Perfect. Does exactly what it was meant to do. A handy addition to the arsenal

The Cover Up - It is Spartan thing, and needs velcro to attach to the Axim. However, it does what it's supposed to do, which is protect the
screen with a minimum of additional bulk. The one drawback to the Cover Up is if you fail to turn off the Axim before closing the lid, you may launch some program without knowing it, and the constant screen presure may cause the Axim to stay on. Never really caused a problem for me.

In conclusion - it all works. Nothing in the bundle is spectacular, but it all works.