View Full Version : 'Startup' folder items...

rssrfrssr
03-11-2003, 08:41 PM
I was looking through my filesystem with File Explorer and looked in the Startup folder (My Device -> Windows -> Startup) and I noticed a bunch of apps that I don't recognize.

They are:
-aFlashman
-ARI_ENG
-cFlashman
-HH_DM
-Pocket Plus (well, I know what this one is)
-poutlook
-romupdnote

Does anyone know what these are and if they are even necessary? Were some of them possibly left behind from an app that I have uninstalled?

Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks.

bobkatt
03-11-2003, 09:25 PM
They are all associated with program that were once installed.
You can use Windows Explorer from the desktop while Activesynced or use File Explorer on your PDA to remove the shortcuts.
They are listed as ".ink" files.

blazingwolf
03-11-2003, 10:12 PM
I was looking through my filesystem with File Explorer and looked in the Startup folder (My Device -> Windows -> Startup) and I noticed a bunch of apps that I don't recognize.

They are:
-aFlashman
-ARI_ENG
-cFlashman
-HH_DM
-Pocket Plus (well, I know what this one is)
-poutlook
-romupdnote

Does anyone know what these are and if they are even necessary? Were some of them possibly left behind from an app that I have uninstalled?

Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks.

The file "aFlashman" and such are, I think, related to having the PPC flash file loaded onto your PPC. romupdatenote= You must have performed a ROM upgrade because this is a note for it(just info about the update). I'm not sure if they will cause problems if you get rid of them.

WyattEarp
03-11-2003, 11:15 PM
Here's a reoccurring question so here we go again:

1. Aflashman: Appointments (Permanent PIM)
2. ARI_Eng: (Appearance & Regional Information & Language) Eng = english
3. Cflashman: Contacts (Permanent PIM)
4. HH_DM: (CF & SD controllers (ables/disables))
5. POutlook: Pocket Outlook engine
6. romupdnote: installed update to the current ROM. Not a whole new installed ROM.

rssrfrssr
03-11-2003, 11:51 PM
Ah, ok, so I should probably keep them all by the sounds of it.

Thanks for the help everyone! :D