View Full Version : My Loox has died.

BWBlackett
03-11-2003, 01:36 PM
I was using my Loox an normal today, checking my appointments in PI4 and it hung - the screen just froze.

I tried switching on/off butthat wouldn't work, I did a soft reset and the Pocket Loox welcome screen came up and then froze. I tried this a few times and nothing changed.

I swore a couple of times and did a hard reset - after a few seconds I switched back on and got the welcome screen - and it froze there.........

I've tried a few hard resets now even leaving it 'dead' for 10 minutes - but no change - just the welcome screen.

FSC helpdesk have taken the details and asked me to send it in to the repair centre - anyone had experience of how long it will take to come back?

I lost - I don't know where I am supposed to be.........

JvanEkris
03-11-2003, 01:42 PM
In europe i heard reports that repair time takes about a week. Although some people have reported two business days.

Jaap

hkpocketpc
03-21-2003, 03:27 PM
In europe i heard reports that repair time takes about a week. Although some people have reported two business days.

Jaap
I come across similiar problems for my Pocket Loox (the Asia version). So when I take my Loox to repair, this just use 20 min to re-load the rom image to my machine, and it work again. I hope this is useful for yours.

JvanEkris
03-21-2003, 05:43 PM
Yeah,

A good option is to reflash the ROM (you performed a hard-reset anyway). It solved a problem of someone on our board as well. However, if this behaviour is triggered by a hardware defect, it won't help a bit....

Jaap