View Full Version : Can't uninstall Dashboard!!

karinatwork
03-11-2003, 05:23 AM
I tried twice already to uninstall Dashboard, it doesn't work. The file dashboard.dll is blocked, it says it's in use, but I made sure that Dashboard is unchecked on the Today option screen, and I soft reset the device.

Anyone has any ideas why it doesn't work?
Thanks for your help.

Karin

Gremmie
03-11-2003, 05:26 AM
Not only uncheck it, but there is an executible in your Programs directory that will uninstall it from your today screen, which should free up the .dll. After it is uninstalled from the today screen (i.e. uinstalled from the Today setting) you should be able to remove it from your device.

karinatwork
03-11-2003, 05:39 AM
Thanks for your reply, but that is the older version. It had a "Dash Helper", that would disable the .dll file. I was trying to be real smart, and disabeling the program as today plug in right away. But that's not correct. You need to let the program run, and then click on uninstall. So the program disables the .dll file and tells you to soft-reset and uninstall again. Now it worked.
Pheww. I already was afraid I had to hard-reset.

Thanks again!

Jason Dunn
03-11-2003, 06:07 AM
Another technique is to re-name the DLL, soft reset, then delete it.

karinatwork
03-11-2003, 06:14 AM
Thanks, you guys... I wouldn't know what to do without you! (I would have probably tossed a few pocket pc's out the window already!)

You guys are great! :way to go:

jimski
03-11-2003, 06:41 AM
Careful with that renaming of dll file. In an attempt to remove WordLogic I tried renaming the wordlogic dll file. After a soft reset, my device locked up, staring at me with a blank dazed gray screen.

That was my recollection of hard reset #2.