View Full Version : Tired of ActiveSync....

VanHlebar
03-11-2003, 02:45 AM
My Dell Axim just decided to stop syncing with my home machine. I don't understand what happened. It was working last night and it was working at work this afternoon. I have not changed any settings or installed any new software in the last 24 hours.

I am really tired of ActiveSync. Why can't this software ever work properly. Is the only way I am going to be able to fix this is with a hard rest?

This has happened to me recently with my fiance's HP 568 and I had to do a hard rest to get hers to sync again. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how have you managed to fix it?

Thanks,
-Eric

jd4science
03-11-2003, 02:51 AM
Have you tried a simple reboot on the computer? I know it saound simple and obvious, but I have had the exact problem and this fixed it!

VanHlebar
03-11-2003, 03:12 AM
Yes I had tried that and it hadn't worked. What I ended up doing was removing all the items to be synced, turned off the computer and unplugged all the devices. I plugged them all back in and turned on all machine and it works again.

I still don't know why it doesn't work properly. :twisted:

-Eric

meadowsd123
03-22-2003, 03:57 AM
I have a backup file on my SD card just for this reason. I've had my X5 for 1 1/2 months and have had to restore from this file twice. ActiveSync is the worst. This is the one thing I miss about my Palm, hotsync always worked.

TheBacklash
03-22-2003, 04:36 AM
Never had this problem....

Question: when you plug in your Axim, does the activesync box come up? showing that it finds your Axim, or not?
If not, make sure your USB plug is plugged in good.

I have had the old iPaq not want to sync before... only thing that worked was a soft-reset of the iPaq. I believe it was an aftermarket program on it though. I went back and deleted alot of the apps on it, since then it syncs perfectly every time.

meadowsd123
03-24-2003, 03:19 AM
It definitely finds it, but it complains about one of two things - not able to communicate with device or synchronization error. It's the sync error one that is the most frustrating because this is the one that isn't fixed by a pc reboot or an Axim reset.

etalianstallion
04-01-2003, 12:25 AM
I haven't had any problems with ActiveSync until recently. Everything appears to work okay (the desktop detects the Axim and syncs), but when I look at my items that were changed on my desktop, I see that the changes weren't sync'ed over to the Axim! I've done the reboot on my desktop, a soft reset on my Axim, and still, nothing works. :huh:

This really bugs me. Here's what really frustrated me. I get the situation where I change an existing appointment on my Axim, and then I connect with my desktop to sync. I have my settings where the Axim is basically the master copy in case there are conflicts, so I expect that my desktop will reflect the changes to my appointment once the sync is complete. Turns out that after the sync, the changes I made on my Axim are gone and it is back to the original. :bad-words:

Can anyone recommend the settings that they use for the ActiveSync? Maybe that's where I'm going wrong here.

Man, this is so frustrating, and very disappointing. Words cannot explain my anger at ActiveSync right now. Well, they can, but they'd probably be censored out here.

PetiteFlower
04-01-2003, 01:01 AM
Yeah, I don't sync anything.

etalianstallion
04-01-2003, 04:48 AM
Yeah, I don't sync anything.

Ha ha hah!! That's probably the best tip on ActiveSync I've heard. :lol: