View Full Version : WinamPAQ .93 released.

jeffmd
03-06-2003, 07:09 PM
korean version only so far, all 3 types (arm, mips, sh3).

I think maybe some playlist issues were fixed. Some obviuse additions and improvements were:

1. Skin tweaks, not perfect yet but the sections of the skins line up better now. (Keeping skins lined up while at the same time shrinking them is a PITA for sure)
2. Fade in and out configurable options.
3. the ability to click a button and have it held down untill you click it again (for FF and RW)
4. New screen off method for some PDAs like the asus which didnt work with the older one.
5. configurable jump distance for RW and FF
6. Ability to unmap the buttons when the program is in the background.

apparently you cant turn off the play list window now (not that there was much reason to, I allways thought it was a nice realistic touch.) theres also a new option with a FF and RR button graphic that I havnt figured out. Overall, kudos to the team!

http://www.projecteam.org/phpwiki/index.php/WinamPAQ

Buddha
03-06-2003, 08:21 PM
One of the great improvements (personaly) over v0.92 is that you can now randomise your playlists, most of the bottom playlist buttons now work correctly.

PetiteFlower
03-06-2003, 11:55 PM
Yay, it will shuffle! Now I'll probably switch so that I can give OGG a chance.

platinum
03-07-2003, 09:25 AM
Is the non-clickable "options" button fixed? :)

*Awaits english version :)

Rirath
03-07-2003, 10:39 AM
Is the non-clickable "options" button fixed? :)

*Awaits english version :)

Really no reason to wait. Just a few menus not in english, pretty simple to figure out what button loads a skin, etc. I mean, winamp is winamp... it's not like it really matters if the menus aren't in English.

Crystal Eitle
03-07-2003, 01:52 PM
Neato! Winampaq worked! It was a little intimidating downloading it from the Korean site, but hey.

And you're right, the sound quality is much better than with WMP.

One thing - I can't figure out how to create playlists in this thing. I only got it to open and play a song by accident - by clicking around. Is this addressed in any of the threads here? (Or is this something most people just knew how to do already by using WinAmp? I'm kind of new to all of this - I just got a new desktop PC and iPaq. Before, I was using an old laptop that wouldn't run anything newer than Windows 95. But, um, I digress.)

Crystal Eitle
03-07-2003, 02:15 PM
Wait! I think I figured out how to create playlists. We'll see if it works once I have more than one CD's worth of songs in here!

Buddha
03-07-2003, 03:05 PM
Like Rirath said, to most people winamp is winamp, and winampaq works pretty much te same way so most people are familiar with it

Just a quick roundup:

the top has the six gray buttons on the left: Back|Play|Pause|Stop|Forward|Open File

the top two gray buttons on the right are:
Shuffle|Repeat

At the bottom the for buttons are actualy smal 'menus'. The most important ones are the one far left, from which you can open:
-a single Ogg file
-a directory with oggs
-a URL address where the file is

And the other one is the one far right used to:
-open a playlist
-save a playlist
-start a new playlist

For the other options just play around with them a bit and you'll get the hang of it.

To access the Menu (which is not yet translated, just wait one or 2 days and there will be a translated version on the site you downloaded WinamPAQ from) you have to click in the top left corner of WinamPAQ (not the START menu button, but just underneath it, the 'dot')

jeffmd
03-10-2003, 06:28 PM
english version is out.. for those who COULD wait for it. :D

PetiteFlower
03-12-2003, 01:48 AM
Um...shuffle still doesn't work. What's up with that? Who said it works now?

Buddha
03-12-2003, 08:14 PM
Yay, it will shuffle! Now I'll probably switch so that I can give OGG a chance.

PetiteFlower,

I think you said it shuffled ;) I only said it was now able to randomise playlists :wink: But I have tried [Shuffle] in v0.93 and it does work. The only thing is it doesn't shuffle-play when you press [Forward] (it then just goes to the next song in the playlist) , but it shuffles when you just let it play.

PetiteFlower
03-12-2003, 08:26 PM
I said the first comment because someone else said it worked and I believed them :) But when I tried it, it didn't work. But I tried it by using the forward button. I'll try by letting it play and see if it works. But I would still be happier if fast forward shuffled as well.

mcasanova
03-14-2003, 01:00 PM
I did not know this little jewel existed. I think it's pretty good. Besides, eq does work and changing skins it's a good think too since I can make my own skin to match with dashboard/pocket blinds