View Full Version : Serious Storage Card Problem

MLO
03-05-2003, 09:22 PM
I have three storage cards from my Palm usage days...a 16, 32 and 64MB.

I had been using the 32MB regularly since I got the e310 and then the e335.

Just the other day, I decided I wanted to use the 64MB for music files. Popped out the 32 and put in the 64MB.

I get a prompt "Would you like to format this card so that the system can use it". Not sure so I tap "no". I go to add a folder to the storage card, and I can't.

So I take out the storage card, and put it back in. Same format prompt. This time I tap yes. When I check the storage card, I see all of the files and folders that were on the 32MB card.

That's strange, I think. I proceed to get rid of all of the files and folders...then create a new folder (music), load my wma and mp3 files and go on my way.

Cut to this morning, when I am ready to read the NETBible I have on the 32MB card. I pop it in and....all of the files are gone!!!!. Instead, on the card are all of the OLD Palm files that were on the card before I started using it with my Pocket PC.

What on earth happened?? I am positive, without a doubt that I was prompted to format the 64MB card. What happened to all of my files on the 32MB card? Anyone have anything like this happen to them??

MLO

bobkatt
03-05-2003, 11:15 PM
If you cannot resolve this palm/CE issues then get yourself a program called flashformat from flash format (http://www.cnetx.com/format/)