View Full Version : 1001 uses for the pocketpc

Evee Ev
03-05-2003, 06:49 PM
i recently bought new space heaters for my apartment and this morning while i had them plugged in they tripped my circuit box! so...lights out! i thought swiftly...grabbed my ppc, turned it on, and followed the glowing light to my box where i reset the breaker. talk about coming in handy!

dean_shan
03-05-2003, 07:44 PM
Ah the flashlight maneuver. That has come in handy for me as well.

bobkatt
03-05-2003, 08:07 PM
Great in movie theatres when you need to go for a bleed. LOL.

bobkatt

JackTheTripper
03-05-2003, 09:13 PM
I got ya all beat. Using mine in the bathroom one day at work someone turned off the light and walked out. I just continued working, did my thing, buckled up and found my way to the switch. :D

(OK, now I'm embarrassed. :oops: )

bobkatt
03-05-2003, 09:31 PM
Hope the person that turned off the lights was a member of the opposite sex. :oops:

Actually maybe not a good idea if she turned the lights off not liking what she saw. 8O :D 8O

JackTheTripper
03-05-2003, 09:36 PM
<edit> Mens bathroom. In stall at the time. </edit>

:P

Ed Hansberry
03-05-2003, 11:35 PM
I did the flashlight thing at work last week. Our server room has no windows and the power went out. I needed to gracefully shut down the servers (they have a 5-20min UPS) and couldn't find the flashlight. iPAQ to the rescue! Just enough to see the keyboards.

felixdd
03-06-2003, 01:37 AM
This thread reminds me of my lectures at school -- everyone in the dark lecture hall who had a laptop (myself included with my HPC 8)) had a an eerie white light illuminating their faces. I can only imagine what the prof sees: darkness -- save for a few floating faces! (and to add to the eerie factor -- the faces are all "bottom-lit" if you know what I'm talking about! ;)

vincentsiaw
03-06-2003, 08:10 AM
a perfect boredem killer, use with caution thuogh.

platinum
03-06-2003, 11:15 AM
hehe - I've had to use my ipaq for the "find-the-lightswitch" trick a few times :D Very useful... Stylus's are awesome to chew on as well :oops:

gareth
03-06-2003, 02:24 PM
And they are also good for cleaning out earwax! :pukeface: (It's amazing what small children will do if left alone for a few minutes - or grown men for that matter :wink: )

BTW, is it stylus's, styluses, or stylii?

And is there a word for a group of them... like a murder of crows?

trachy
03-07-2003, 08:03 PM
BTW, is it stylus's, styluses, or stylii? And is there a word for a group of them... like a murder of crows?

Styli or Styluses according to the dictionary.

Remember when a stylus used to refer to the needle on a turntable? Wow, time flies.

- Drew

Steven Cedrone
03-07-2003, 08:05 PM
BTW, is it stylus's, styluses, or stylii? And is there a word for a group of them... like a murder of crows?

Styli or Styluses according to the dictionary.

Remember when a stylus used to refer to the needle on a turntable? Wow, time flies.

- Drew

That's a great new poll idea: How many here know what a turntable is or have ever owned one???

That would be interesting...

Steve

PetiteFlower
03-07-2003, 08:48 PM
hehe - I've had to use my ipaq for the "find-the-lightswitch" trick a few times :D Very useful... Stylus's are awesome to chew on as well :oops:

Bad idea if you have a metal one though...