View Full Version : "My Documents" Synched folder

JackTheTripper
03-05-2003, 06:36 PM
Here at work, every time I turn on the option to have a synced folder it places it on my P drive which is a shared server on the net work. Is there any way to get it to be on my desktop?

Thanks in advance.

smittyofdhs
03-05-2003, 07:26 PM
Here at work, every time I turn on the option to have a synced folder it places it on my P drive which is a shared server on the net work. Is there any way to get it to be on my desktop?

Thanks in advance.

most likely your IT admin has redirected "My documents" to the server so that they are backed up and centralized. Activesync probably sees this redirection coming from the PC OS and is doing as it's told. You may want to speak with your IT person to see if they would change this for you. AS is just going where it's told to go.

JackTheTripper
03-05-2003, 09:11 PM
Thanks for the info.

And there is no way to sync a custom folder, right? Like if I had a folder on the desk top named "JTT" there is no way to add that to the list of items that get synced. I've looked but couldn't find it.

Thanks again.

smittyofdhs
03-05-2003, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the info.

And there is no way to sync a custom folder, right? Like if I had a folder on the desk top named "JTT" there is no way to add that to the list of items that get synced. I've looked but couldn't find it.

Thanks again.

there is a 3rd part app that can do this for you. Not sure of the name but it was at handango and pocketgear.

another option (not totally sure if it will work or not and if it breaks anything, don't blame me):

in the registry you'll find a setting for the location of the folder. You may be able to modify this to get it to work with your desktop folder.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows CE Services\Partners\partneridnumber]
"DataFolder"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\username\\Application Data\\Microsoft\\ActiveSync\\Profiles\\StevePPCPE"

partneridnumber = provide number by activesync. will be different on all computers. there's one for each parnership with the device

username = your user folder

JackTheTripper
03-05-2003, 09:29 PM
Ya, I'm not quite THAT tech savy. I'll just go whine to the IS department. "Please, please, PLEASE fix it!" They love me. They really do. :D

Thanks anyway

baker
03-05-2003, 10:32 PM
MightySync can do this I think.