View Full Version : Video Files

Xtreme23
03-05-2003, 05:43 AM
hey guys i need help.. i have files that i view for work on my pocket pc btw commuting on the train... the files are 7 mb to 15 mbs which isn't a problem b/c i have a big CF flash card. But the problem is tha tit plays really slow like it shows still images rather then actually playing the video.

ANy help or suggestions??

thanks in advance!

spursdude
03-05-2003, 07:13 AM
What type of files? avi or mpeg? How are the encoded? divx?

You can always try encoding them into windows media format, using Windows Movie Maker (which comes with Windows XP).

Xtreme23
03-07-2003, 04:52 AM
they are window's media file...i tried it also with the windows encoder.. to make it smaller.. the videos are all choppy they dont flow smoothly.. but the audio keeps going file with not stuttering but the video of it doesn't.

tommEEpickles
03-09-2003, 07:50 PM
I am compiling a couple pages to be put on my web site soon about this. I encode lots of videos for different platforms. I did find some limitations of the Dell. The screen resolution in 320x240 but for some odd reason it doesn't like playing windows media at that resolution. I Tried getting Windows Media Player to play mpgs properly and that was like pulling teeth. My best recommedation is either use divx and a smaller screen resolution for now or you can use Windows Media Encoder and encode wmv files. I made a 30 minute clip at 240x180 which isn't choppy. Like 15fps and 200kb bitrate. It came out to 44MB. Now I have tried other resolutions such as 304x2?? and it worked fine for full screen but didn't like the player window much. It depends on how you want to watch your movies. Just keep it under 320x240 for the smoothest video.

TheNewSteve
03-13-2003, 11:27 AM
try dropping some normal .avi files onto your PPC and playing them in PocketMVP or PocketTV for .mpegs.

they look OK and will get much better performance if you make them the right resolution for PPC.

-Steve

tommEEpickles
03-18-2003, 02:37 AM
Avi's under what codec. If you mean uncompressed AVI, that would be huge. Maybe you mean divx?

spursdude
03-18-2003, 03:16 AM
Avi's under what codec. If you mean uncompressed AVI, that would be huge. Maybe you mean divx?

DivX will definitely work with PocketMVP.