View Full Version : finding programs you dont need a desktop to install

DavidRoss
03-04-2003, 06:03 PM
iv been useing my ipaq a lot recently with my wi-fi connection. (dont have access to pc) however im finding that i cant install a lot of programes becouse i need a desktop to open the .exe , right now im trying to install the flash 5 program. also i want to install some chat programs. so is there a site that has a list of programs that you can install directly onto a pocket pc... or a program that can open these .exe's ?

thank you all in advace.

brntcrsp
03-04-2003, 06:20 PM
Well, Handango sells software that can be downloaded and installed directly on the pocket pc. when you are surfing on the ipaq just use PIE and head over to www.handango.com - they sniff the browser and provide you with optimized site, that will let you purchase the cab files directly.

DavidRoss
03-04-2003, 06:41 PM
what about the free software like flash and jabber?

brntcrsp
03-04-2003, 08:24 PM
I couldn't find anything in my googles, sorry. The only thing I know of that does anything similar to what you're looking for (at this time) is for the desktop - basically the tool extracts the CAB files from the installer. it's linked here in the forums somewhere.

Sometimes handango also has free cabs too, but that requires some more searching.