View Full Version : screening

nickl
03-04-2003, 05:03 PM
i am so excited i can barely stand it -- my axim shipped this morning at 9:11am.

i've read posts about how screen protectors are A MUST. however, i'm going out of town with my new axim and don't have time to wait for dell to ship me some. i was wondering, what palm device's screen is closest to the axim in size, so that i may go down to my local office max or best buy to procure some temporary screen protectors?

thanks in advance...

PetiteFlower
03-04-2003, 05:48 PM
None of them since the SHAPE of palm's screens are so different. You'd be better off with something for an ipaq.

BUT I've been using mine without screen protectors for a while now because I don't want to get crappy ones and I can't yet drop $30 on WriteShields. If you're gentle with it, it's ok to go without for a few days.

MPSmith
03-04-2003, 06:27 PM
I saw some cheap-o screen protectors for the IPAQs on sale at Wal-Mart for about $6 the other day (in St. Louis, MO). The iPaqs are pretty close in size to the Dell.

rein
03-04-2003, 07:29 PM
Someone else had posted it on this board before, but you can also pick up some clear thin plastic type material at walmart dirt cheap. I've been using it because it is cheap and it is none adhesive. If you are going to have to cut your own, you may as well make the best of it.

I tried an adhesive screen protector and for some reason it made my stylus not respond with the screen very well. That is when I went this route to "make do." So far, I have like 3 yards of this stuff left and I spent less than 5 dollars. I made a pattern that I reuse when cutting it and use a credit card to get all of the air bubbles out. Seems to work great. I don't think anyone could tell it is not a more expensive screen protector to be honest.

nickl
03-06-2003, 07:02 PM
FYI, I measured the screen on my X5 and found out that if you're in a pinch to get screen protectors, you can go down to your local Best Buy or Circuit City and get the ones for the Toshiba e335 or e740. Since the retailers don't carry Dell, sometimes, you have to make do.