View Full Version : Got a phone number? Now you've got name, address, etc.

luebster
03-04-2003, 03:58 PM
Enter a phone number into Google's search box (http://www.google.com) and submit. Viola! Name, address, map, etc. Enter a name and state and get the phone number. You get the idea.

I tried a known UNLISTED number (my uncle) and Google returned his correct info. 8O

All of this is a little scary to me. I opted out. If you want to opt-out, click the telephone icon and follow the links....

I suppose all of this only works in USA.

bdegroodt
03-04-2003, 04:15 PM
Didn't work for me.

Rirath
03-04-2003, 04:31 PM
Erm.. this is nothing new at all. Infospace.com has had reverse phone number lookups for ages. I'm amazed at all the information and services people simply don't seem to know are available online. You don't even need as much as a phone number, a name and location will do fine. I use it all the time to freak people out.

No point in getting freaked out by something like this. If someone wants to find you, they'll do it. :? Opting out of a google search isn't going to keep your information private these days.

bdegroodt
03-04-2003, 04:35 PM
Erm.. this is nothing new at all. Infospace.com has had reverse phone number lookups for ages.

I've always used 555-1212.com with good results. Always nice to impress someone with a question about their neighbor that you supposedly don't know about. :twisted:

luebster
03-04-2003, 04:43 PM
I've used several reverse lookup sites before as well.

I guess what got me was that my uncle is unlisted and has been for some time...I always use his info as a test on "white pages" sites. Google was the first to find his info...that's all. My number is not unlisted, so I'm not really worried about my info floating around...guess I'm an opt-out kinda guy. 8)