View Full Version : Attn: Mormon Axim users or anyone else

vancouver4
03-04-2003, 02:30 PM
I am trying to get the scriptures onto my axim. I tried using the program found on lds.org in the gospel library, but the program i downloaded would not work for my axim. Any ideas?

simzz1
03-04-2003, 04:14 PM
Vancouver4,

The hands-down, best Scripture software out there is Yanceyware-and it is free.
http://yanceyware.com/YanCEyWareReader.htm

It takes up some memory, but it has full-color maps and pictures, along with the whole Standard Works. Just make sure you follow the directions, and it should work well for you.

John

simzz1
03-04-2003, 08:26 PM
I forgot to mention, there is more info. on church apps on the LDSPocketPC yahoo group.

Here is the link.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ldspocketpc/

Good luck.

robert_biggs
03-05-2003, 01:53 AM
I downloaded and have been using EZ Reader form the lds.org site without any problems on my Axim. Make sure you are downloading the correct reader (there are 2 palm readers and about 4 different WinCE readers). I'm not sure which is the right one for sure, but I think the top one listed under Pocket PC should work.

Thanks for the link to Yanceyware, simzz. A friend recommended it to me, but I forgot the name. I'll have to try it out. :)

Video11
03-05-2003, 02:54 AM
Take a look at the Bible Reader from Olive Tree http://www.olivetree.com/handheld/WinCE/WinCEBible.html its free and not a bad program. You have to download the Bible Reader and then the Bible you want.

Might not be exactly what you are after, but you never know.

Cheers.

marchaa
03-07-2003, 09:12 PM
My Axim was my first headfirst jump into the pocket pc world. Before I owned a Palm IIIxe. It was awesome and I invested in markmyscriptures for my scripture viewing because of the speed. I use the ezreader offered on the church website to view all my other documents.
Now as a proud owner of an axim I fully support yanceyware. It is a completely free program (no support). It is amazing. You will have to wait for you stuff to load (a few seconds) but it is well worth it. When you view your scriptures you will have access and links to all footnotes (basically like an html link). It also keeps track of your last 10 (I think) viewed items allowing you to bounce back and forth in scripture study or a classroom setting. The screen color is amazing. You can download the standard works also there about 20 additional manuals used in the LDS church. I recommend using yanceyware for every book it has available and using the church's ezreader for viewing other misc. items (ex. general conference talks, ect.) All pictures and illistrations are included as if you had the actual book in your hands.
I was very pleased at the begining of the new year to find the software creator had added the new books (Teachings of John Taylor, Teachings of our time 2003). It works great and it is FREE!!!!

Let me know if you need any links, or if you find any other cool LDS goodies for the ppc.