View Full Version : Pocket PC Phone Profiles?

bjchantry
03-04-2003, 01:34 PM
I have just got my new Pocket PC Phone :) and I am looking for some software help. I know there is no provision built into the OS for Profiles like my Nokia 6310i has, but has anyone found a 3rd party application that does profiles? :? If not, I hope someone considers developing one, I use the profiles all the time, quickly go to Silent mode, then to Meeting mode, etc.

Thanks for the help.

Cortex
03-05-2003, 06:29 PM
thats a very good idea but i havent come across any software that allows this.

for now we are stuck with the volume button and choosing vibrate or off.

if you use calligrapher with pen commander, you could write a macro that would change the settings to your liking and assign it to a written symbol/word.

Janak Parekh
03-05-2003, 06:32 PM
Agreed, this would be cool to see. At least, so that you could switch profiles when you connect/disconnect power to the PPCPE. I'm playing with one, and when it's plugged in on my desk I'd rather have it ring as opposed to vibrate.

--janak

bjchantry
03-05-2003, 08:41 PM
Janak:

If you are working on this, it would be great to link it to a hardware button. I don't know if you are familiar with the way the 6310i does it, but if not, you can either select the profiles through the menu or you can push the power buttom momentarily, it pops up a list of all the profiles, you can scroll and activate. I use this all the time when going in to meetings, one press of the power button, two down presses and select and I am in silent, vibrate only mode. End of meeting, press power, one down press and select and I am back in general mode, ring and vibrate. Any other words of wisdom for software applications for the recent Palm converter? Any recommendation, Agenda Fusion vs. Pocket Informant? I know I will be getting SPB's GPRS monitor. Any other recommendations would be appreciated? Thanks for the help.

Janak Parekh
03-05-2003, 09:14 PM
If you are working on this
Rest assured I'm not. I'd love to start programming on the Pocket PC, but I don't have time right now.

Any other words of wisdom for software applications for the recent Palm converter? Any recommendation, Agenda Fusion vs. Pocket Informant? I know I will be getting SPB's GPRS monitor. Any other recommendations would be appreciated? Thanks for the help.
There's no one answer on AF vs. PI. I use PI, but AF has some neat features too. Spb GPRS is definitely a purchase. I personally also like Spb Pocket Plus.

--janak