View Full Version : Tech Savvy Cars

marlof
03-04-2003, 01:00 PM
<a href="http://www.spectrum.ieee.org/WEBONLY/publicfeature/feb03/tcar.html">http://www.spectrum.ieee.org/WEBONLY/publicfeature/feb03/tcar.html</a><br /><br />I love technology. That's how I ended up in the Pocket PC community to begin with. But one of my other interests in life is cars. I'm not that interested in reading about customizing a sports car, or top of the line cars that I'll never be able to afford. I like to read about mainstream cars, like the one I'm driving now and the one that should or could come next to that. Does that mean that you get boring cars? Not necessarily so. I might even end up with a car that is very tech savvy, combining two of my interests. Take a look at the linked page, as it contains the 10 most technically sophisticated cars for 2003 as picked IEEE Spectrum. One of them, the amazing Saab 9-3, even has Bluetooth all over the place. I just added a visit to my local Saab dealership to my tasks list.

szamot
03-04-2003, 02:14 PM
I hear you , if I could move my office to my car that would be sweet. Hang on I already spend half of my time in the car so it is my office.

mscdex
03-04-2003, 03:04 PM
Hmmm... is it just me or does the Honda FCX shown on that page look like it's got a gigantic ipaq sleeve on the bottom half of the car. :lol:

Fzara
03-04-2003, 03:55 PM
They need to put BT in the new BMW 3 series, the Nissan 350Z, and the TL-Type S, as those are the cars i'm currently looking at.

I'm sure the BMW 7 series and the Bentley's, etc., all have this integrated in. Its time for the consumer market to pick up!

Fitch
03-04-2003, 05:00 PM
That Saab seems aweseome, but too bad it looks like that dude from Slingblade. MMmmmhmmmm, I recon.

EDIT: And now that I read the whole article, I just wanted to say thanks for posting it, that was a cool article!!!

Saaby
03-04-2003, 11:23 PM
The new 9-3 is sweet! If the bluebooth doesn't get you the cupholder will--it's got to be the world's most over-engineered cup holder...ever.

I like cars too. I want to engineer them after I'm done with this school stuff. Sweedish cars are my favorite, bet you'd have never guessed that.

I have a friend in CA. He drives an Electric Car. 2 in fact. Don't get me started on what's wrong with fuel cells--I don't come with brakes!