View Full Version : Hp 1910 Keyboard

FunHouse82
03-04-2003, 06:41 AM
Hi, I have an Ipaq 1910 and I am in dire need of a keyboard... does anybody know where i can buy a compatible one??

mscdex
03-04-2003, 07:56 AM
HP.com? :D

Janak Parekh
03-04-2003, 04:41 PM
No, HP doesn't sell keyboards for the 1910.

The only suggestion I have is to watch the Pocketop IR keyboard (http://www.pocketop.net/) guys; they're slated to release a driver within a month. The 1910 doesn't have a serial port, so keyboard attachment via the sync connector is a no-go.

--janak

Reinaldo
03-04-2003, 08:46 PM
Actualy, I heard this in a thread somehwere but didn't make a note of it because I have a bad memory. Is it true that HP is working on a 1910 keyboard?

It makes sense because the 1910 is a new unit so any accesores will be released eventualy.

Look at the e740 line, they finally released the keyboard when I went to an iPAQ again.

mscdex
03-04-2003, 10:03 PM
No, HP doesn't sell keyboards for the 1910.

The only suggestion I have is to watch the Pocketop IR keyboard (http://www.pocketop.net/) guys; they're slated to release a driver within a month. The 1910 doesn't have a serial port, so keyboard attachment via the sync connector is a no-go.

--janak

Well, I am surprised that HP doesn't have a keyboard for the 1910 already. But I believe they will have some sort of detachable keyboard in the near future, whether it be fold-up or the thumb keyboard type.

Janak Parekh
03-05-2003, 02:31 AM
Well, I am surprised that HP doesn't have a keyboard for the 1910 already. But I believe they will have some sort of detachable keyboard in the near future, whether it be fold-up or the thumb keyboard type.
But how? There are no serial pins on the 1910, so the keyboard would have to be USB. But, the 1910 doesn't have USB host. I can't imagine for the life of me a keyboard being a USB host. You can't use any SD adapter since the 1910 doesn't have SDIO.

HP was very shortsighted in not having serial pins IMHO. It truly reduces your choice to IR (for now, at least). I'd say there's a 75% chance there will never be a keyboard that uses the sync connector. I also suspect that's why they reversed the connector, so people wouldn't try using 3800/3900/5400 accessories and getting confused.

--janak

mscdex
03-05-2003, 03:09 AM
But how? There are no serial pins on the 1910, so the keyboard would have to be USB. But, the 1910 doesn't have USB host. I can't imagine for the life of me a keyboard being a USB host. You can't use any SD adapter since the 1910 doesn't have SDIO.

HP was very shortsighted in not having serial pins IMHO. It truly reduces your choice to IR (for now, at least). I'd say there's a 75% chance there will never be a keyboard that uses the sync connector. I also suspect that's why they reversed the connector, so people wouldn't try using 3800/3900/5400 accessories and getting confused.

--janak

"Where there's a will, there's a way." :)