View Full Version : Bluetooth SD cards .... where?

Crones
03-04-2003, 12:38 AM
Hi everyone,

I've been wanting to buy the Toshiba or any other bluetooth SDIO card compatible with my E335 PDA so I can connect it to my Sony Ericsson T68i cellphone and have come up empty. I searched online and have found it out of stock or unavailable on many sites. Almost no one seems to have this card in stock. Am I missing something here or is this a searching mistake on my part. Toshiba's website also came up dry with a 1-2 week wait after orders are placed, why is this ?

If someone has been able to find the Toshiba or other bluetooth card compatible with my E335 PDA would you please tell me where and how much you paid to get it ?
The only alternative I have found is the socketcom bluetooth SDIO card but it seems to be only compatible with IPaq's and happens to be backordered as well.

Gremmie
03-04-2003, 01:40 AM
www.pda.toshiba.com

Toshiba has developed a smaller card, I don't know which is currently on the market, but the lack of supply may be due to shipping of a slightly shorter bluetooth card to vendors.

digitalh2o
03-04-2003, 10:45 PM
You can get a much better price at eCost.com ($113 I think) -- however prices are supposed to drop significantly this month.

Crones
03-05-2003, 12:24 AM
Which card are you refering to digitalho, the Toshiba or the Socket bluetooth card. BTW has anyone here gotten the Socket bluetooth SDIO connection kit to work with Toshiba pocket PC's ?

Their webpage is very vague saying that it supports only a few Ipaq's and then on other pages it says that it you need an SDIO slot and Pocket PC OS that's it. I've seen it sold online on other sites but they mention no restrictions as far as specific supported pocket PC's.

Any info...please.

digitalh2o
03-06-2003, 02:33 AM
Crones - I was referring to the Toshiba card; I have not been able to find the Socket card anywhere though I heard (on this forum I think) that it does work with Toshiba PDAs. I am going to *try* to wait until the prices for any bluetooth SD I/O card fall below $75.

Vincent M Ferrari
03-06-2003, 02:40 AM
The new Toshiba card is listed as probably being available on 3/31/03 on sites like PCconnection and Mobile Planet, so if that's the one you're waiting for (like I am) then it isn't going to be much longer. Although the price is outside your sweetspot (between $129 and $149). :roll:

Crones
03-06-2003, 07:43 AM
I just couldn't wait any longer and went ahead and placed an order for the Toshiba Bluetooth SD Card. I called Toshiba and was told they had it in stock on 3/4/03 and sold it for $149.99. Even though their webpage said that it would take 1 to 2 weeks. They don't update their site often enough to reflect real inventory changes. So I emailed Socket for the thousand time again asking wether their Bluetooth SDIO connection kit would work with my E335 and again received no response.

After waiting one more day I did a few searches and came accross the Toshiba Bluetooth SD card on http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/default.asp?ProductID=379005, hope it works if not its under handheld Toshiba PDA accesories at www.cdw.com selling for $129.13 and should ship within 4-6 days. After calling I was told that it would probably ship sooner than that though.

Thanks.