View Full Version : HELP! Re: Re-charger for UK trip

Noel
03-03-2003, 07:43 PM
Will be leaving Canada on Thursday for a week or so in UK and hope someone can recommend a voltage convertor for re-charging my various "Don't leave home without 'em" devices?

TIA

Noel

xendula
03-03-2003, 08:58 PM
If you are lucky, you have one built into the power plugs of your "Don't leave home without 'em devices". If it says 110-220 on them, you are on the safe side. Laptops, pocket pcs and such usually are dual voltage.

If not, you need a transformer, and those beasts are bulky and heavy!!!

Oh, and don't depend on your digital clock or watch while in Europe, they run slower here, no kidding! (About 10 minutes per hour.)

Mike Wagstaff
03-04-2003, 02:59 AM
As xendula said, many products may be fine - you might not actually need to buy a transformer. If you do, however, they're pretty easy to find. You should be able to pick one up at the airport or, if you leave it too late, in the UK at most electronics stores (e.g. Dixons).

Noel
03-04-2003, 03:34 PM
Appreciate your advice.
Did check for dual-voltages - negative :cry:
Have a tiny window for a run down to a local Radio Shack
which I will do today...

Cheers!

Noel

Sooner Al
03-04-2003, 06:37 PM
Well, as noted by the others if the devices came with an AC power adapter rated at 100-240 Volts and 50-60 Hz, that makes it useable world wide *IF* you have the correct physical wall plug adapter. The following page may help you...

http://kropla.com/electric2.htm

Enjoy your trip...Vacation I hope...:-)