View Full Version : Remover, how did I live without it ?

torgamm
03-03-2003, 07:40 PM
I received an E-mail from the russian author of CabInstl
He wrote a very very cool program to help you keep your pocket PC clean.

Review (in french, but Babelfish is your friend) :
http://ppcf.mklabs.com/index.php?soft=688

Remover can uninstall softwares, delete unused registry keys, delete invalid shortcuts, delete temporary files and internet cache (content, cookies, history).

ironguy
03-03-2003, 10:02 PM
http://www.geocities.com/s_k_s_k_s_kru/util.html#remover

You can download directly to your PPC if you have an unzip program. It is an executable only and requires no installation other than putting it on your PPC. I just cleaned up several meg of old program cr@p!. :D

vincentsiaw
03-04-2003, 08:11 AM
wow, thanks for the info, this is one good program, small useful and free :lol:

js415
03-07-2003, 02:18 AM
I started using Remover, and have noticed that for every theme file I have on my Axim, I also have a duplicate in my Windows folder, except it has an extension of .dat, instead of .TSK!!

I'm wondering if this is normal and neccessary, or if i can delete them.

Any thoughts?/

Jerry

slothdog
03-07-2003, 04:13 PM
Be careful. I used this to remove Resco File Explorer (trial period expired), and it removed Resco Picture Viewer as well. Bleh.

cyko95
03-07-2003, 04:40 PM
Sweet app, thanks!

torgamm
03-07-2003, 05:14 PM
Just like any software which removes information, you must have an updated backup
It seems that SK is still working a lot : v0.22 is online at the moment

mirkazemisaman
03-08-2003, 03:54 AM
Good piece of software. One problme though: After deleting some files, SOMETIMES I get an error which leads to soft reseting the device... is this normal?

Mike Wagstaff
03-08-2003, 12:20 PM
After deleting some files, SOMETIMES I get an error which leads to soft reseting the device... is this normal?
Yep, that happens to me as well. So far, I haven't noticed any adverse effects. Overall, I'm very pleased with Remover's performance.