View Full Version : Help with ipaq 5450 and T68i

manli
03-03-2003, 07:05 PM
I just got a new Sony T68i phone and would like to be able to access the internet over bluetooth using my ipaq. Can somebody help me to establish the correct settings so that I can use the internet service on my phone on my 5450? I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to bluetooth so I need a step by step setup explanation. If anyone could give me a link or some help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

bucho
03-03-2003, 09:09 PM
Who is your cell phone provider? Mine is AT&T and I just created a normal dial-up connection using the "Bluetooth Dial-up Modem" which should be there is you paired the 2 devices. (Pairing is simple and should be well documented in both the h5450 and T68i manuals). I use "*99***1#" in the phone number field in the connection settings to establish a GPRS connection. Not sure about other providers, but I'm guessing it should be the same.

bigkingfun
03-05-2003, 06:09 AM
It does depend on your provider. My entry in the phone # field is a little different than the last post. I also need to use an init string with my provider. You might want to try www.howardforums.com to see if you can track down the details for your provider. It's a pretty good forum for cellular stuff. That's where I found someone who could help me out with the settings for my provider (Fido in Canada). Just be forewarned that they're right in the middle of changing their servers around, and the site is running REALLY slowly today.

Pairing the two devices was super easy. I used the bluetooth manager on the iPAQ to set up a new connection, and it walked me through it. It has the T68i listed as one of the supported devices, so it is very simple.

manli
03-06-2003, 03:36 AM
Thanks for the help. I have gotten the two to pair together but the problem occurs when the ipaq signals the T68i to dial. I have internet access on the phone but I can't transfer it to the ipaq because I don't know the number it dials. My carrier is T-Mobile. I can't find anything on the site so can anyone help me? All I need is the number to put into my ipaq to tell it where to dial to.

numo
03-06-2003, 11:21 AM
All I need is the number to put into my ipaq to tell it where to dial to.

Calling T-mobile is probably the easiest way, isn't it? If you have GPRS, try *99***1# or *99***2# (depending on whether the WAP goes through the same APN as internet or not). You will have to define a dialing location in the PocketPC that does not use international and area codes (Start/Settings/Connections tab/Connections/Dialing locations tab, make a new one wit "G" in all three boxes in Dialing patterns) - otherwise it will try to dial some funny numbers.

By "internet access on the phone" you mean the builtin WAP browser, the e-mail client or what? It is possible to get these numbers (just explore the connect area in the phone), but these are not necessarily the same data you need for a full internet. So really give T-Mobile a call.

manli
03-06-2003, 01:16 PM
Thanks, I will.