View Full Version : 3955 and nokia 5165

swimmer
03-03-2003, 01:28 AM
This is my last resort. I've searched for a cable that will connect my ipaq 3955 to my nokia 5165 and have had no luck. can anyone help me or point me in the right direction? The sites i have seen dont have a connector for the 5165. thanks

Janak Parekh
03-03-2003, 01:33 AM
Who's your service provider? If it's AT&T, you do realize that the 5165 is not really capable of data, right? You could theoretically do analog dialup, but it's not a workable solution (you're talking 1200 or maybe 2400bps if you're lucky, and you need a full analog modem for that).

--janak

Reinaldo
03-03-2003, 01:44 AM
Janak, you never cease to amaze me. You are like super-poster. You should have a theme song. :lol: Anyways, what's the best model cell phone for a 3955 to connect that provides a good connection. And provider.

PS: Think about the theme song idea. :wink:

swimmer
03-03-2003, 03:28 AM
argh! i was afraid of that. oh well, what is the best (and cheepest) compact flash or pc card wireless modem? thanks again. and no kidding- janak is awesome!

Janak Parekh
03-03-2003, 04:42 AM
Janak, you never cease to amaze me. You are like super-poster. You should have a theme song. :lol:
:oops: Thanks. Not sure how a theme song would go...

Anyways, what's the best model cell phone for a 3955 to connect that provides a good connection. And provider.
What's the best model? If you have good GSM coverage (AT&T, T-Mobile and Cingular have GSM networks in the US, although AT&T and Cingular also have legacy TDMA networks, so be careful), the T68i - without question - since it has Bluetooth. If not, it really depends on which wireless provider has good coverage near you...

oh well, what is the best (and cheepest) compact flash or pc card wireless modem?
You mean that can do analog calls? I haven't researched those for Pocket PC... you might want to start looking at 3Com and company. Honestly, though, you might want to think about migrating to a different technology (instead of AT&T TDMA) if you plan to do serious wireless access, or get a separate data plan for your Pocket PC.

--janak