View Full Version : iPAQ 5455 Wireless Startup

RCW1126
03-02-2003, 03:16 PM
I have new iPAQ 5455 and am currently accessing the internet at home via AT&T Worldnet (dialup). I'd like to be able to access the same ISP via Wi-Fi from my 5455.

Could someone please lead me to an article or discussion about the setup required? Or, if you happen to believe this combination is a non-starter, could you please recommend an alternative?

Thanks very much.

Pony99CA
03-02-2003, 05:01 PM
I have new iPAQ 5455 and am currently accessing the internet at home via AT&T Worldnet (dialup). I'd like to be able to access the same ISP via Wi-Fi from my 5455.

Could someone please lead me to an article or discussion about the setup required? Or, if you happen to believe this combination is a non-starter, could you please recommend an alternative?

Before I got DSL, I used dial-up with my old iPAQ 3650 and SMC WiFi PC Card.

I have an SMC Barricade AWBR7004 router (http://www.smc.com/index.cfm?action=products_choose_product&cat_id=4&prodCat=Broadband%20Routers) which supports a modem connection (with automatic redial if you get disconnected). The setup was very easy (assuming you already have an Ethernet port on your host PC).

Steve

seanturner
03-02-2003, 11:34 PM
Proxim Orinoco also makes a "residential broadband gateway" which also supports dial up capability.

emtparamedic
03-08-2003, 06:45 AM
What dal-up service would any of you recommend? Earthlink? (I have a CDMA modem card from my laptop). Will my Qualcomm modem PC card V.34 work with the iPAQ?

What modem cards do you all use?

No one I spoke with at Sprint ever heard if iPAQ...!

Many thanks for your help!

John
800-376-1682 :?