View Full Version : Need Suggestions on which PocketPC!

tok3n
03-02-2003, 04:38 AM
Hi. I've been doing a lot of research now and I am almost ready to get an iPAQ 3970 along with SilverSlider 2. I really like the screen. However, since I do want to use WiFi, I have to deal with the addition of a CF sleeve (SS2).

Any suggestions? Also, how long would I it be if I were to wait for a new version of the OS and new products? Specifically an updated OS that would use the XScale processors to their full potential (or at least better than they are now). Will there be upgrades to the OS or updates of PocketPC 2002 that will allow better CPU utilization?

Thanks!

Cortex
03-02-2003, 05:19 AM
why not an axim?

vincentsiaw
03-02-2003, 05:30 AM
if you wait, you got to be patient, and then again only god knows what bug the new pocket pc ships with :evil:

jimski
03-02-2003, 06:53 AM
Hi. I've been doing a lot of research now and I am almost ready to get an iPAQ 3970 along with SilverSlider 2. I really like the screen. However, since I do want to use WiFi, I have to deal with the addition of a CF sleeve (SS2).

If you are interested in WiFi, why not just get the 5450. It has the same screen as the 3970 and doesn't cost that much more (certainly less than a sleeve and WiFi CF card).

Just keep in mind that you are still going to have to wait for the "highly touted" replaceable, rechargable batteries for the 5450. I have been waiting since December and the latest ship date is 3/14/03.

alkandery75
03-02-2003, 01:05 PM
Simply.... SmartPhone PPC

Available: XDA, T-Mobile, AT&T SX56, Thera, HP928 WDA (Jornada), Sagem 3050, Trium Mondo.

Comming: iPAQ 5600, Samsung i700, Hitashi

I prefer to wait for the comming PDAPhones.

Shadowcat
03-02-2003, 04:21 PM
Simply.... SmartPhone PPC

Available: XDA, T-Mobile, AT&T SX56, Thera, HP928 WDA (Jornada), Sagem 3050, Trium Mondo.

Comming: iPAQ 5600, Samsung i700, Hitashi

I prefer to wait for the comming PDAPhones.

Just thought I'd point out that tok3n wants WiFi, not phone capabilities.

alkandery75
03-02-2003, 06:52 PM

I know that my friend, I Generally Suggest PDAPhone anyway, and any future SDIO or CF or Sleeve can be used to enable WiFi to it...

As of a rumor in ME, H5450 will be updated with GSM/GPRS ROM, So it will have GSM/GPRS/WiFi/Bluetooth all-in-one. But still nothing for sure till now, it is just our HP Dealer talks. And I do not believe him till I see something.

Thanks a lot of your point and Best regards,,,

Shadowcat
03-02-2003, 08:27 PM

I know that my friend, I Generally Suggest PDAPhone anyway, and any future SDIO or CF or Sleeve can be used to enable WiFi to it...

As of a rumor in ME, H5450 will be updated with GSM/GPRS ROM, So it will have GSM/GPRS/WiFi/Bluetooth all-in-one. But still nothing for sure till now, it is just our HP Dealer talks. And I do not believe him till I see something.

Thanks a lot of your point and Best regards,,,

Yeah, I agree, a 5400 series with GSM/GPRS would kick some serious butt. I don't think it will come out either. Im my opinion they'll probably release a new device when the new OS is released. It will cost a small fortune though :evil:

Best regards.