View Full Version : Pocket PC Passion Wants a New Look

Jason Dunn
03-02-2003, 01:58 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.pocketpcpassion.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28652' target='_blank'>http://www.pocketpcpassion.com/foru...&threadid=28652</a><br /><br /></div>"pocketPCpassion is out for a new look; It is time to start for a new look and feel for Pocket PC Passion. We are approaching our 10 millionth visitor and it is about time for updating the site. I am looking to have a front page that is dynamically linked to content. I believe a have programmers that are willing to write up the asp code to do the linking. But what I will need is to have the look statically done that the programmer can make happen. Are you or do you know of a graphic web design artist that is willing to workup a new design for the website? Maybe we should have a contest?"<br /><br />If you're a talented graphic designer with some time to donate to a great Pocket PC site, drop Dale a line!

ricksfiona
03-02-2003, 03:18 AM
But you guys just updated the site recently. I think its very good. Good, clean, modern design. It's easy to navigate and read anything. I'd say, wait another year.

Keep up the good work guys.

JakobNebeker
03-02-2003, 03:24 AM
Jason, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. You have one of the best designs on the web. I wish more sites would adopt the clean simplicity of PPCT.

If you are itching to do something, how about making the forums mobile friendly?

Jakob

EDIT: I should have read the subject more carefully. "Pocket PC Passion Wants a New Look". Anyway, I would still love to see forums that don't suck on the PPC.

pocketpcthemes.com
03-02-2003, 03:29 AM
Guys, the topic is about pocketpcpassion.com, not pocketpcthoughts.com.

st63z
03-02-2003, 03:30 AM
Ohh, so it's about pocketpcthemes.com?

Come again?

;)

Jonathon Watkins
03-02-2003, 03:34 AM
OK, lets start again. :D

PPCPassion needs an overhaul really. I do like the site, but it's getting a bit long in the tooth. If they get near 75% of the good looks of here they will be doing well! :wink: I wish them all the best.

ricksfiona
03-02-2003, 04:37 AM
Guys, the topic is about pocketpcpassion.com, not pocketpcthoughts.com.
Oops! I haven't been to PocketPC Passion in ages since that site RARELY beats out Pocket PC Thoughts in news and interesting articles.

Jason Dunn
03-02-2003, 05:05 AM
:lol: :lol: This prooves my theory that people only read every second word we post... :wink: :lol:

Gremmie
03-02-2003, 05:42 AM
I haven't read PocketPCPassion's in awhile, Dale is a busy guy and lately the updates have been more seldom and about recent conferences. From what I've seen from other sites, it looks like having multiple administrators keeps the news fresh.

yunez
03-02-2003, 05:56 AM
hehe..seems everyone really likes pocketpcthoughts' design..its sleek, simple, and most of all, functional.

rbrome
03-02-2003, 08:36 AM
A friend of mine recently turned me on to a great resource for this type of thing:

http://www.templatemonster.com/

I think they're some very slick templates. They're a bit graphics-heavy, but you can use them as a starting point and tweak 'em to your heart's content. The prices seem reasonable, too.

...or you can just browse around there for some inspiration for a custom design.