View Full Version : Connection iPAQ to a computer via Bluetooth LAN.

Ramis
03-01-2003, 06:03 PM
I have the MSI dongle connected to my computer (running WinXP) and I have the blepaq TDK sleev attached to my iPAQ. I was able to pair both bluetooth devices.
I was able to make a an activesync connection via the serial port.
However I can not get the LAN to properly work.
This is what I did :
I ran the Bleupaq LAN connection wizard. I followed there very simple instructions( i had to check the "next" option).
The result is :
When I try to make the connection I get on my iPAQ " Dailing"
At the iPAQ connection list it shows connected to the Bluetooth device on my computer.
On the computer when checking the services it shows that the iPAQ is connected.
However I cann't connect to the web or Map network drive or share file or any thing hat I can do in an network connection. Since I get "Dailing" on the iPAQ and I wasn't propmt for user/passward I am assuming that the connection is not completed. I ran the ICS on my computer I ran the XP network wizard as well. I tried to do the same on my laptop. Always same results.
any suggestions?

Sorry for the long post.
Thanks,
Rami

Janak Parekh
03-01-2003, 08:25 PM
The problem is that when you make the LAN connection, it should show "Dialing", but that should change to "Connected" as the PPP session is established. If it doesn't, it's not going to work.

Unfortunately, I don't use either of those for my BT setups (I have a 3870 plus a Belkin USB Bluetooth adapter) so I'm not going to be able to help you in detail. In my case, turning on ICS in XP was all I had to do to make it work.

--janak

Ramis
03-02-2003, 12:36 PM
I finaly succeeded to make the connection.
I have two networks at home one is wired network and the other is the bluetooth. I was told that the drivers that comes with the MSI (from WIDCOMM) don't support bridinig. Only after completely disabaling the wired network I was able to get connected with the Bluetooth network.
Now need to find a fix for the bridg.

Rami,