View Full Version : E-mail notifications from PocketPC

ricksfiona
02-28-2003, 10:31 PM
I was thinking.... I visit PocketPC thoughts a good 5 - 10x a day. Sometimes there's really great news on the site, sometimes there isn't.

Wouldn't it be nice to receive an e-mail notification on the topics that have been posted for the day. That way, I get the e-mail at the end of the day, or at a certain time with all the topics posted for the day?

I know that the site generates money from advertising and that the more people who visit the site, the more money you can make. But you can include advertising on your e-mail like buy.com or amazon.com does.

Or, maybe it can be a premium service where someone would pay, let's say, $2 - $5/month. Or a yearly fee of $20. I think that's very reasonable.

I'm talking about this cause I got a lot of work to do and being to read an e-mail with a summary of all the postings would make it much more convenient and less time consuming.

Jason Dunn
02-28-2003, 11:29 PM
It just so happens that we're working on this very solution right now - it will be a part of the paid subscriber services. We're starting the first phase of testing next week, so if all goes well, you'll see it soon. :-)

Vincent M Ferrari
02-28-2003, 11:32 PM
It just so happens that we're working on this very solution right now - it will be a part of the paid subscriber services. We're starting the first phase of testing next week, so if all goes well, you'll see it soon. :-)

I'm looking forward to paying. I know it sounds stupid, but this is such a great place and an awesome community, and since I can hardly imagine being without it, I would definitely pay...

This is the site that brought me into the world of the Pocket PC. That alone is worth millions! :D

Jason Dunn
02-28-2003, 11:49 PM
I'm looking forward to paying. I know it sounds stupid, but this is such a great place and an awesome community, and since I can hardly imagine being without it, I would definitely pay...

You don't know how happy it makes me to read that. :D We're work very hard on creating a suite of subscriber services that will include mobile access to 100% of the site (forums, every article, etc.), intense customization features (don't like the ads? get rid of 'em), email blasts (single & digest options, category-based filtering), and a few other things - including a special discount coupon offer from a great Pocket PC company.

It's too early to announce exactly what we're doing or when it will released, but we're starting testing on these services this coming week.

I'm confident that for the people who truly call this site their home, these services will be an awesome enhancement worth a couple of bucks a month! 8)

bigkingfun
03-01-2003, 01:40 AM
intense customization features (don't like the ads? get rid of 'em)

I'll be more than happy to pay for the subscriber services because this is one of the most valuable sites I read. It's the site that makes me late getting out of the house in the morning if I make the mistake of looking at it before I leave :D

Having said that, however, I wouldn't want to get rid of the ads even if I was paying. You don't seem to use pop-ups or anything that is really intrusive and once in a while an ad will get me to click through if it sounds interesting. With a site like this, it is pretty easy for the advertisers to target us with ads that we would be interested in. I think we need to support those advertisers if we want the PPC market to continue to grow.