View Full Version : SD Wifi

don dre
02-28-2003, 06:59 PM
What are the latest rumors as to a possible release date? I'm torn between a Dell and a 5450. I have a 1gb microdrive and a SS2 so I want to use the MD. So, in order dor me to get a pda w/o built-in BT I would have to find a SD Wifi. I can wait a couple fo months but the rumors have been flying for a over a year.

JackTheTripper
02-28-2003, 10:12 PM
What are the latest rumors as to a possible release date? I'm torn between a Dell and a 5450. I have a 1gb microdrive and a SS2 so I want to use the MD. So, in order dor me to get a pda w/o built-in BT I would have to find a SD Wifi. I can wait a couple fo months but the rumors have been flying for a over a year.

Last I hear was march. That was 2 weeks ago.

hulksmash
03-04-2003, 05:09 AM
End of summer 2003 is what I hear... Get the 5450

brntcrsp
03-04-2003, 06:18 AM
Axim does not have a SDIO slot so you would not be able to use anything other than memory.

PetiteFlower
03-04-2003, 08:12 AM
can't use the MD in the 5450 without a sleeve though right? So it sounds like niether of these devices meet your specs unless the (pricey and bulky) sleeves don't bother you.

Isn't there a toshiba device that has built in wifi and a cf slot? I don't know if it also has built in bluetooth. I also don't know what devices that have CF cards also support SD/IO, but it sounds to me like what you need will have:

1. CF slot

AND

2. SD/IO
OR
3. Built in bluetooth/wifi

So alas, neither the overpriced Ipaq nor my beloved Axim fit your bill :)

don dre
03-04-2003, 03:35 PM
I have an SS2 from my last ipaq so I can use a sleeve though I like the idea of not using one. No SDIO huh. If the 512MB SD card would come down to around $200 I would consider scrapping the MD and just go with SD Storage. Then I could go with either one. TOshiba's screen s aren;t transflective and that's a no-no. My roommate has the 3970 and I couldn;t go with something with a reflective screen. It seems there is no perfect device to fit my bill. I will go with whichever deivce runs a good special next. Axim or Ipaq. Does anyone know the dates for the new bus speed devices? I don;t know how long I can wait.

Janak Parekh
03-04-2003, 05:03 PM
Isn't there a toshiba device that has built in wifi and a cf slot?
You're thinking of the e740. It has WiFi, SD and CF. The only problem is that WiFi really kills the e740's battery quickly, and it doesn't have a transflective display. The e750 might fix all of this...

--janak