View Full Version : ExpansionPack Plus Battery Question

Birdman
02-28-2003, 04:15 PM
I have seen posts on this in the past and I have done some searches but I have yet to find the definitive answer.

I thought the way the battery in the expansion pack was supposed to operate was that first, the external battery would deplete, and then the ipaq internal battery. Mine seem to both go down together which inevitably means that after a couple of days usage, I start, and continue to get a low battery warning when my ipaq battery drops below 40% but the external pack battery is still at about 70%. Wasn't there a fix for this?

axe
02-28-2003, 06:39 PM
I remember reading about the expansion pack for Ipaqs and how the battery was being charged/used. If I remember correctly, both the on-board and expansion battery would be used together, so both would go down at roughly the same rate. If the expansion started exceeding the on-board one, the on-board battery would trickle-charge from the expansion pack as well as the expansion pack battery would be used primarily until they were both in sync again.
So your statement about still getting the warning at 40% would make sense, but the expansion should also be at the same level. If not, it should catch up to the on-board.

It seemed like a very complicated usage algorithm, but then when you plugged it in, they would both be charged at roughly the same time...

I just did a quick search on HP/Compaq to find that article, but didn't find the article I saw. Here is one though, that follows loosely to what I read the first time:
http://bizforums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0x179c3a1c04ffd61190050090279cd0f9,00.html

Good luck!
AXE