View Full Version : Contacts, calendar do not seem to respond...

marlon
02-28-2003, 02:57 PM
Hello everyone,

I've been using Axim since early December. Absolutely love it!! But recently, it started acting up in a strange way... (Yestreday, I could not open Contacts menu. I "rebooted"--did not help; then I took out the CF card and strangely enough, but it fixed the problem...). The unit "hangs" and "freezes" on me pretty often. I think that there may be some software conflicts ( the last thing that I installed was Nice Start). Any help is greatly appreciated.

blazingwolf
02-28-2003, 04:02 PM
Did you have the problem before you loaded Nice Start? If not uninstall it and then see if you have the problem again. Then try to install it again. If this is the problem it might have corrupted a file or there might be a conflict with program.

spursdude
03-01-2003, 01:08 AM
)Yeah, definitely make sure it's not some new software that's messing up your device. Mazingo did that to me - it stopped Notes, Excel, and NoteM from working.

As for Contacts, it very well could be b/c of the software compatibility. But also make sure that you don't use the a task switcher to close the Contacts program while you have a contact open. That will cause Contacts to not open up until you did a soft reset (and I realize you did do a soft reset, so this is probably not relevant, but it's a useful tip :)

ux4484
03-01-2003, 02:31 AM
I found that having iSilo running HiJacks the Dells shortcut buttons and have to close it before using any of the PIM buttons.

marlon
03-01-2003, 04:43 AM
Thanks guys (and girls :D ) for you help!!