View Full Version : Transcriber: How does it work for you?

Vincent M Ferrari
02-28-2003, 03:13 AM
Just wondering, for those that use transcriber, how it works for you...

spursdude
02-28-2003, 03:20 AM
Works like a charm, using my mix of cursive and print. That is, sometimes I'm too lazy to separate my words, but Transcriber will still get it.

I've said it before, but for people with Transcriber problems, just using it more will definitely get you more accustomed to it, and accuracy will definitely improve.

MPSmith
02-28-2003, 03:23 AM
It works great for me in script AND print. Can you add that option to the poll?

Brad Adrian
02-28-2003, 03:24 AM
I know you've heard it before from me, but if you like Transcriber, you'll LOVE Calligrapher from Phatware. They were developed by the same people; you can consider Transcriber kind of like "Calligrapher Lite." Calligrapher isn't free, but it adds the capability to create macro-like gestures for shortcuts. For instance, when I write my "fs" gesture, Calligrapher writes the complete phrase "financial services." You can even create macros that do things like create a new Pocket Word document or format a paragraph.

Vincent M Ferrari
02-28-2003, 04:13 AM
It works great for me in script AND print. Can you add that option to the poll?

Ask and ye shall receive :)

Vincent M Ferrari
02-28-2003, 04:14 AM
I know you've heard it before from me, but if you like Transcriber, you'll LOVE Calligrapher from Phatware.

Tried Calligrapher, but I can't remember whether it was for the palm or for the Pocket PC, but it was a long time ago, and from memory it didn't work well at all for me...

Has it improved a lot?

vincentsiaw
02-28-2003, 08:11 AM
looks like transcriber hates me, it only recognise 30% of my writting, my professor recognise about 75% of my writting, but surprisingly, when my girlfriend using he transcriber, it recognise almost 90 % man...... :roll:

JvanEkris
02-28-2003, 10:48 AM
IMHO, Calligrapher is better in recognizing left-handed writing. Why, i don't know. But it is :)

Jaap

dotcomguy
03-03-2003, 04:37 AM
It works great. I love it! It has quickly become my preferred method of inputting text into my PDA. I write cursive mostly, but sometimes I use print. Both are recognized pretty well. Sometimes I have to make corrections, but the added convenience makes it not a problem. The first time I ever tried it, it would not work at all, but then I tried it again one day and it all of a sudden worked. My initial reaction was "Wow." I sat and just wrote in my PDA for about a half hour after getting it to work the first time. :)