View Full Version : Grad Student Project Needed--Free Usability Testing for PPC App

George H.
02-27-2003, 05:09 PM
Do you have a PPC application that will be under development this summer, or do you have an application currently in the marketplace for which you are planning a new release later this year?

If so, how would you like a detailed usability evaluation of the prototype or current release of your product conducted by trained professionals at no cost to you or your company?

I direct the MS Program in Technical Communication Management in the School of Engineering at Mercer University. This summer (late May through late July) I'll have a group of about 6 master's students enrolled in the program's capstone course.

The course centers on a team project intended to apply the knowledge and skills acquired in the program. Students must be within 6 hours of the end of the program to enroll. These students are working professional technical communicators with an average of 10 years of industry experience writing user guides and online help, designing user interfaces, and preparing other information products. The program is entirely Web-based, and our students come from all over North America as well as from Europe and Asia.

If your product is selected as the subject of this summer's project, you or a knowledgeable person on your development team would have to commit to be available to answer questions and provide feedback. The time required would be modest (1-2 hours per week), and most contacts would be by e-mail. One student would be the designated point of contact with your development team member.

The students will design a test to elicit the feedback you need, test the product with representative users, analyze the results of the test, and provide you with a report that includes recommendations for improving the usability of your application.

If you're interested, please let me know by reply here or by e-mail to [email protected].

--George Hayhoe