View Full Version : 3765 HELP!!!!! Wont Sync!!!!

SteelForceX
02-26-2003, 09:19 PM
When i plug my 3765 into my computer through the usb cradle.... it will say device found or device not found depending on which usb i plug it into! But none will show a device found in the activesync program!!! I am running win XP! a quick response would be appreciated! thanx

Ipaqman
02-26-2003, 09:48 PM
I am working with the same device and OS and had the same problem. I found the solution through serendipity.....What I remember is that XP was not recongizing the Handheld. It was finally recognized after several reinstallations of Active Sync and switching USB ports until XP recognized the cradle. I was tempted to purchase a Serial Port adapter, but was finally successful with XP recognizing my iPAQ.

I hope this helps. If nothing else, know that it will work! :)

SteelForceX
02-26-2003, 10:31 PM
Thanks i am trying that now!!! also!!!!

my ppc did not come with a cd!!!(got it off ebay) and i thought you could just download the stuff off the internet but did the cd come with drivers on it? if so, where might i be able to download them? i cant find any on microsoft or compaq websites!!!!! also the ppc is running pocket pc 2000 on it i think!!!! thank you i am stilll installing active sync again and again! bye

SteelForceX
02-26-2003, 11:34 PM
ohhh - it is running pocket pc 2002 actually!

Ipaqman
02-27-2003, 08:38 PM
Have you had any luck yet? The CD comes with Active Sync and some Add ons.

XP should have all of the drivers that you need.

SteelForceX
02-27-2003, 08:45 PM
It still no work!!!!!!! I sent an email to compaq and they replied saying to do a hard reset and reinstall active sync restart computer and then try but still no luck!!!!

Ipaqman
02-27-2003, 09:14 PM
Try uninstalling active sync. Then restarting your PC. Then connect your Handheld to the USB so that XP can recognize it, install drivers, etc.

I think this was how I got my Ipaq to sync.

Steven Cedrone
02-27-2003, 09:17 PM
Are you using a USB hub? If so, try plugging in directly to the back of the PC...

Steve

SteelForceX
02-28-2003, 10:14 PM
Try uninstalling active sync. Then restarting your PC. Then connect your Handheld to the USB so that XP can recognize it, install drivers, etc.

Tried this: Still no work!!!!

Are you using a USB hub? If so, try plugging in directly to the back of the PC...

No im not! Ive tried ever plug there is!!!!!

Im thinking the cradle is broken! Tommorrow im gonna try a friends!!! Il tell you wut happens!!!! Keep shootin ideas tho! thanks

SteelForceX
03-06-2003, 02:33 PM
Ok! I tried my friends cable! It still does not work!!!! So my cable is not broken!!!! Could it possibly be the ipaq itself? If not it must be something wrong with my computer! Are there any settings that I need to have set to use my ipaq?