View Full Version : ADOCE 3.1

EvilOne
02-26-2003, 03:52 AM
Ok, I am probably missing something real simple! Some background... I have created a small application, in C, that just lets me play around with ADOCE, so I can get more familiar with things. I started this off in ADOCE 3, which works flawlessly and then just changed the ProgID to ADOCE.Connection.3.1 and ADOCE.Recordset.3.1. Now when I run the application using 3.1 it just sits there and does not return a resultset from my basic "SELECT * FROM JOE" query! I also have SQLCE 2.0 on the PDA and it has registered all the necessary DLLs for that which looked like it included the ADOCE 3.1. Does anyone have any ideas why the 3.1 would hang while the 3.0 works?

Thanks in advance.

Peter Foot
02-26-2003, 08:32 PM
Ok, I am probably missing something real simple! Some background... I have created a small application, in C, that just lets me play around with ADOCE, so I can get more familiar with things. I started this off in ADOCE 3, which works flawlessly and then just changed the ProgID to ADOCE.Connection.3.1 and ADOCE.Recordset.3.1. Now when I run the application using 3.1 it just sits there and does not return a resultset from my basic "SELECT * FROM JOE" query! I also have SQLCE 2.0 on the PDA and it has registered all the necessary DLLs for that which looked like it included the ADOCE 3.1. Does anyone have any ideas why the 3.1 would hang while the 3.0 works?

Thanks in advance.

Microsoft don't support access to ADOCE 3.1 from C++, instead preferring you use OLEDB - however it does work. They do not supply the necessary header files, although I was able to build them following some instructions provided on a newsgroup (MS supplies the IDL files). I've placed a zip on my site with the output files

http://www.inthehand.com/Uploads/adoce31headers.zip

place them in your include folder and add an include reference to both adoce31.h and adocec31.h