View Full Version : New Owner!

atct86
02-25-2003, 10:24 PM
I bought a Toshiba E740. What is some good software that i should have, and what are some cool things that i can do with it. Also, what is the best way to "show off" your pocket pc?

Sheynk
02-25-2003, 11:11 PM
Get pocket Divx
www.projectmayo.com
Get Mazingo (like avantgo but i like it better)
www.mazingo.net
Get Gangsta Race
www.handango.com
If you need serious PIM get Pocket Informat
www.handango.com ( you can also go to the developer website but i can remember it)

Get SPB Pocket Plus - great piece of software
www.softspb.com they also have some other great software

If you are willing to pay for a movie player you can get the optimized version of Pocket TV @ www.pockettv.com Just so you know the regular version performs poorly on the Toshibas

Well...thats all I can think of right now...... dont forget to see the Toshiba website to check if there are any ROM updates for your device

good luck with your device and welcome!!!

MultiMatt
02-26-2003, 10:01 PM
I agree with Sheynk's input, and would like to add a few of my own suggestions:
Download Acrobat Reader. It's free, and very handy. I receive travel itineraries for work in PDF format, and I simply copy them over to my PPC and viola! Show it to co-workers, and they will trip!
Get AOL Instant Messenger for Pocket PC. I hate AOL, but all of my family is on it, so it comes in handy. (Of course, you have to be connected to your ISP in some way...).
Matt

Sheynk
02-26-2003, 11:14 PM
OH MAN!!!!

How could I have forgotten about one of the most used apps on my PDA :oops: :oops:

It comes in handy when teachers post stuff online!!!

Its a great app and performs great even when it has to reformat large files. Sweet deal 8)

sorry about that... go to www.adobe.com to get it