View Full Version : Fonix Products Vs. Pocket PC Phone Edition?

Monty Gibson
02-25-2003, 05:52 PM
I have this setup on my T-Mobile Pocket PC Phone:

I installed Fonix VoiceCentral a few days ago and when doing so it disabled my Windows Media Player somehow by adding an additional button mapping. I used a registry editor to delete this extra button to again enable my Windows Media Player to listen to .WMA's, etc. Then, I installed Fonix VoiceDial to enable me to call out using my voice. So, it works like this: I have the "Contacts" button programmed for Fonix VoiceCentral, it opens and I tell it to "Launch Dialer," and "VoiceDial" launches perfectly. However, recently I've noticed several times when my Pocket PC has been crashing... hard. I had to hard reset the device last night. None of my medical programs on my SD cards would open and I received a screen I've never seen before that stated "You need to free up more memory, choose a program below to enable more memory." Well, I have the 128 upgrade and there wasn't a program to select from to clear from memory. After the hard reset I did not install any of the Fonix programs and it's been working fine for the last two days. Coincidence? Any input from anyone about this? Did the remapping of the buttons and the deleting of the one button key throw the Pocket PC off this much?

smittyofdhs
02-25-2003, 08:26 PM
The reg edit didn't cause the problem because many of people have done that without issue.

I've been using Voicedial ever since it debuted and have had no issue related to voicedial. Maybe it's voice central that caused the issues.

Monty Gibson
02-25-2003, 10:06 PM
The reg edit didn't cause the problem because many of people have done that without issue.

I've been using Voicedial ever since it debuted and have had no issue related to voicedial. Maybe it's voice central that caused the issues.

I am hoping so, I am going to try and re-install it (VoiceDial) tonight and see what happens; leaving VoiceCentral alone. We shall see. I would contact Fonix for support but at $25.00 per session that's not only ridiculous, but poor business management in my opinion. :roll: