View Full Version : iPaq 5455 Reset?

emtparamedic
02-25-2003, 04:32 AM
I'm locked out of my new 5455. It says do a "full reset." I pushed the bottom reset button, but that doesn't work. It repeats, "Do a Full Reset moron."

Anyone know how to do a FULL reset? :(

Thanks.

John
800-376-1682

LarryM
02-25-2003, 05:24 AM
press the 2 lower buttons and the reset at the same time for 5 seconds.. takes 2 hands :)

It is actually shown in a picture in the manual that came with the CD..

Larry

emtparamedic
02-25-2003, 06:20 AM
press the 2 lower buttons and the reset at the same time for 5 seconds.. takes 2 hands :)

It is actually shown in a picture in the manual that came with the CD..

Larry

Thanks Larry,

Awesome. I am back on-line, although it appears I need to set it up all over again... Any idea what causes a 'full reset?'

Thanks again.

John

vincentsiaw
02-25-2003, 10:16 AM
buggy software and buggy operating system what else? :lol:

MultiMatt
02-25-2003, 03:31 PM
emtparamedic,
What were the recent events leading to your device locking up?
Software loads? Normal usage? Something else?

Matt

Server
02-25-2003, 04:46 PM
I'm locked out of my new 5455. It says do a "full reset." I pushed the bottom reset button, but that doesn't work. It repeats, "Do a Full Reset moron."

Anyone know how to do a FULL reset? :(

Thanks.

John
800-376-1682

John, I don't think you're alone on this one. Something or some kind of sequence of events is causing resets. Thankfully they are rare (so far) but as I pointed out at brighthand...http://discussion.brighthand.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73467 all we can do at this time is wait for a good ROM fix.

emtparamedic
03-09-2003, 10:10 PM
Matt,

You inquired about what happened prior to my iPAQ 5455 being "frozen." Well, after a little detective work, I learned my five year-old had it in her possession for awhile... We can only imagine what torture she put it through.

Somehow I doubt HP has a room of Kindergarteners testing the iPAQs for ruggedness prior to shipping.

Best,

John

MultiMatt
03-09-2003, 10:43 PM
John,
That explains it! :roll:
I'll bet you had your iPAQ set for thumbprint verification, and your daughter exceeded the number of attempts to swipe a finger!
If that happens, the unit requires a hard reset, and that is normal operation. Picture the scenario of losing your device (heaven forbid!) in a cab, then someone finds it. They try to get in, so they can see your sensitive data (possibly even corporate data). After several attempts (the number of attempts is determined by you), they would be locked out and have to do a hard reset.
The result - they might have an iPAQ, but they won't have your data!

Matt