View Full Version : Audiovox Maestro for sale on Ebay

ECOslin
02-24-2003, 04:41 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=27970&item=3009747048

In this corner,

Starting at $125, and a 'Buy-it-now' of $190.

A like-new Audiovox Maestro that I've owned since October2002($320). The screen has been protected all the time I've had it and I think the only possible case scratches, if any, are from the docking station. Otherwise it's been in a Krusell black leather belt case. I'm boxing it with an external power booster(4 AA type). Basically at least another $40 of accessory components beyond what came with it.

Please consider just looking at my auction or maybe passing it on to whomever might have a little extra $ and the PPC fever.

Thanks,

Edward
(Come on Tax refund check!!)

PPCdev
02-25-2003, 10:05 PM
ECO,
Mine's next, hehe! Waiting on my Axim to get here before I put mine up for auction.

Good luck man!
Andrew

ECOslin
02-28-2003, 05:09 AM
I pulled the auction. I couldn't stand that I would only be getting near half of what I paid for it. I also intend to take the thing apart. I do enjoy taking things apart. 'Tell me about the rabbits, george.'

Naw, not like that.

I'll try and build a battery shell either within the back or as an external shell. This thing will be a brick of power!! I will kill it, or it will run more than the few measly hours it does now.

Anybody have the service manual for a Toshiba 570 or 'The Maestro'?

Edward

ECOslin
03-01-2003, 12:09 AM
On opening, I found the battery to be a Lithium pocket or gel type cell about 1.5" by 2" tall and 1/4" thick. Determined that gapping the case and inserting a larger battery wouldn't really work, IR and record button are on back of case. It really does have to be a backpack if anything.

I'm going to look at making a custom backpack and using a .5 inch thick lithium gel cell.

Took some really bad pictures and am unwilling to open the case again for more.

Edward